Eva touched her sweaty face and said, "You're sweating all over. I'll get you some hot water to wipe it off."

Amelia replied, "Okay." Then, she didn't have the strength. to speak anymore.

Eva released her hand, picked up the kettle, and left the ward.

As soon as she left the ward, she bumped into Jackson, whose face was pale.

His whole body was trembling, and his eyes were red. It seemed that he had been standing here for a long time.

Eva looked at him in surprise and asked indifferently, "Didn't you return to Imperial Capital? Why are you here?"

Jackson did not reply. He raised his eyes, which were so red that they were dazzling.

Seeing him like this, Eva immediately understood. "Did you hear what I said to Amelia just now?"

Jackson nodded like a marionette and remained silent. Perhaps he was too ashamed to know the truth.

Eva said nothing else when she thought Amelia had told her not to blame him. She turned to get some water and ignored him.

Jackson stood at the door and looked at the petite, weak body on the hospital bed. Tears gradually filled his eyes.

He steadied his trembling body, clenched his fists, and walked to the bed slowly.

Amelia, who couldn't be seen, felt that someone was
approaching. She thought that it was Eva, so she hooked the clothes.

"Eva!"

Before she could hook it, she was caught by a broad and slender hand.

The hand was trembling slightly. He seemed to have much to say, but he couldn't. He could only hold Amelia's hand and didn't let go.

Amelia noticed that it was a pair of men's hands. The image of James's handsome face appeared, but she felt it couldn't be him.

Amelia tried to call out, "Ryan..."

Jackson didn't expect her to recognize him and didn't shake off his hand.

This made him feel a little guilty. He clenched Amelia's hand tightly and sat before the hospital bed.

He didn't say anything. He touched Amelia's cheek with his slender fingers and carefully traced it from top to bottom.

She didn't push him away and let him touch her. Her heart was calm.

After a few minutes, Jackson said hoarsely, "Amelia..."

He gently called her name as if he was calling his beloved, affectionate, and reluctant person.

"Yeah."

Amelia replied and asked softly, "Why are you back..."

Jackson smiled bitterly. "I was inexplicably flustered, so I came back to see you..."

He had been very agitated in the past two days, and his heart kept beating as something had happened. He couldn't help but want to come back and find Amelia.

He went to the apartment and waited for a whole night. No one opened the door, and Amelia and Eva did not answer the phone. He had to find Stella and knew that she was in the hospital.

He was glad that he was here. Otherwise, he would regret it for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, he was the one who caused her illness...

He held her hand, put it to his lips, and kissed it gently. "Amelia, I'm sorry..."

Before he came in, Amelia had guessed that he had heard her conversation with Eva.

Now in the face of his apology, she no longer felt anything. Perhaps she had let go of many things when she was close to death.