calum hood x M!OC

𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒔              AVAILABLE
𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕  Calum Hood
𝒐𝒄 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 Cooper Braun
𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎     Drew Starkey

𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒔                   AVAILABLE𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕       Calum Hood𝒐𝒄 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆               Cooper Braun𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎          Drew Starkey

Single Dad , Drummer and Bassist

𝐂𝒐𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒓 Braun had his life ready on a plate.

"Eagles Pitcher, Number 26, Cooper Braun."

High school baseball player, becoming the leading pitcher for varsity just his sophomore year. The then teenager was honored a scholarship for college for the position. How excited his parents were . . . but their dreams crushed when he got a girl pregnant from a one night stand and leaving the baby on his dorm doorstep.

He couldn't continue college life like it was all normal— like he didn't need to care for a second life. He tried, at first. Cooper was almost reluctant to stay a father to this baby. But he couldn't deny the way she had him wrapped around her tiny finger.

Cooper couldn't make it to every class, nor every practice. His grades began slipping and his mental health was taking a dive. He had to get him and his baby girl out. The father dropped out of school, no more baseball either. He got a job working as a waiter for the country club his aunt and uncle were members of. Coop would serve drinks to snobby rich people who would throw money in his face just to keep with their meals. With the help of his aunt and uncle, he was able to save up some money and support his daughter, beginning their real life together.

It was never the easiest to get the little baby to sleep. Cooper did everything he could think of. He rocked her, fed her, turned on the tv, changed her diaper, ran a bath, put her down to sleep, laid out her toys. Anything he did just wouldn't work. He was aggravated, tears welt up in his eyes. He felt like a failure, maybe he couldn't do this anymore.

The bedroom his aunt and uncle had set up for him, the same one he had when visiting growing up, had a drum set. He would play until he grew calluses that would bleed. He'd ignore the pain and keep playing. It was his favorite thing to do when he would be at their house. Anytime he felt angry, bored, inspired— he'd grab his drum sticks and learn a new song. So that's what he did.

It was like he never stopped playing all those years ago. Cooper was sweating from playing. The wet stacked through his shirt, resulting in him putting the sticks aside to take off his top. When he took a breather, he noticed it had been silent. No more cries of his daughter. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion, about to stand up from the stool, pausing when he heard her cries continue. Wait . . .
He lightly tapped on the drums, her high pitched cries pausing once more. He created a rhythm with his moves, and paused for a few seconds. That's when she started crying again.

That became a ritual, of some sorts, for the small Braun family. When she couldn't sleep, or was having a bad moment, her father would sit her in her rocker a few feet away from the outside of the door, not wanting to hurt her little ears, and played whatever she enjoyed most.

Cooper would create videos, some featuring his little girl, and posted them to Instagram. He didn't think anything of it— it was something both he and his daughter enjoyed. And other people seemed to enjoy it as well. So much that an aspiring band, short of a drummer, reached out in hopes of the man joining them in chasing their dreams. Huh.

That would be sick, but I can't leave my daughter. Only if I can bring her whenever, then I'll consider it.

The little girl was just too cute to resist.

The band rose to the top, following their passions with rock and indie music. They gained the attention of other artists, their music videos and songs striking other musicians that made them easily favorable. It was when the band, 5 Seconds of Summer, reached out asking if they wanted to open for them on their North America tour.

Cooper Braun found himself repeating the exact same thing.

That would be sick, but I can't leave my daughter. Only if I can bring her whenever, then I'll consider it.

A tour would be hard with a toddler. But the only thing Cooper Braun found himself wanting was his daughter.

That's when it all started. When she woke up from her slumber, looking for her dad. He wasn't where she looked, but she wanted to fall asleep in his arms like she seemed to always do. But the only man she could find was Calum Hood.

. . . It was soon that Cooper would discover he found himself wanting someone else as well.