Another step?

Armaan's pov:

It’s been exactly 25 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 30 seconds since I last saw Maya Infront of my eyes. And it's been exactly the same time since I last smiled or laughed.

I fix my eyes on my paper, and focus on nothing else. I tried my best to find her but she was nowhere to be found. Her phone couldn't be tracked, it was turned off or she probably broke it because I could find it with it.

I tried to work so hard that I forget about all the other problems but it was just not possible to forget Maya. She was the gasoline to my fire. It wasn't easy to forget her, it was impossible to do that.

Everyone in my office has noticed that I have started being aggressive with everyone. It is because there is no one here to calm me. Maya is not here with me. She is not by my side to calm me down.

I miss her so freaking much.

I was told by my new assistant that I had a meeting with one of the most richest business men of Italy. Dante Colle.

It was going to be a very important meeting for me because if I get this deal, my company would become the bestest of my area.

I slid my left hand into my pocket as I walked into the meeting room, I greeted the men before sitting beside them.

My eyes went towards Dante Colle, he was a handsome young man. He had a perfectly shaped beard with a beautiful smile on his face.

We were talking about different kind of things when my eyes went to the door as someone entered in.

My heart stopped beating as I saw the person Infront of my eyes. I kept staring and staring as I saw my Maya walk towards us with a smile on her face.

She gave no reaction after seeing me Infront of her and sat beside Dante. I kept staring at her. Something was changed in her, everything was changed in her.

She had colored her hairs into a darker shade, the innocence was gone from her face. She was wearing a women suit and had a strong smile on her face.

I kept staring at her as I tried to understand the situation. Who was she now? What was she doing with Dante?

"Oh, I forgot to introduce this is my personal assistant, Mia Fransé." Dante said as I narrowed my eyes at her. Mia fransé? She is my Maya!

Maya Safeer.

"Hey, nice to meet you Mr?" She said as she pulled out her hand Infront of me, no hint of recognition in her voice and eyes as she asked my name.

“It’s Armaan Vyas.” I told the stranger who knew every single thing about me as I stared at her with tears forming in my eyes.

She kept that smile on her face and focused on the work she had to do.

I felt my heart beat stop. Mia Fransé? She also changed her name? How could you, Maya?

I kept thinking that and didn't focus on the meeting at all.

After about 1 hour, the meeting came to an end. Now it was Dante to decided whether he would like to invest in my company or not.

"So—" he took a deep breathe, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Would you take 1M dollars for 1.4 percent of your company?" He asked me, that was something I was never going to do. That was a low valuation.

Our company wasn't low. It was one of the biggest of it's kinds.

"Not really, I'm looking for some better offer." I tried to speak, but my voice hitched. He glanced at Maya — now Mia.

"Okay, then this is my last offer. 1M dollar for 1.2 percent." He said and I stared at him with hate filled in my voice..

Only for you Maya. Because I want to be around you.

"That's a deal." I said and noticed that even Maya was shocked that I made such a low deal. I stood up and shook hands with Dante Colle as he smiled.

"I'm sure I will be glad to work with you, Mr Armaan Vyas." He told me as I tried to smile but I just couldn't.

Then Maya came to me and shook hands with me.

I just kept staring at her but she didn't even give me a glance. It looked like she had completely lost feelings for me. How could this happen, Oh God?

________

Armaan's pov:

I completed my 3rd ciggrate as I stared at my wallpaper, the picture of me with Maya we hold onto eachother. Tears kept falling from eyes.

Main bura tha, par itna bhi nahi ke Meri ik ghalti par Maya sab khuch bhool gayi.

I'm dying for her touch and she is starting a new life of her own? Isn't it amazing?

But I made mistakes and I acknowledge them, I will try my best to get back to Maya — now Mia. She is mine, and she is always going to be mine.

I was sitting my car when I heard a horn from the back. I had parked my car so I got frustrated that someone was giving me horn.

"Who the hell is that?" I yelled out with anger filled in my voice and I felt someone walk towards me. I let my mirror go down as I stared at the person.

"Smoking is injurious to health. Mr Vyas." He said to me as I shut my eyes tight.

What a bad impression, heck. I told myself before giving him a small fake smile.

"Just wanted to have some time with myself." I told him in a small voice.

He patted my back before saying.

"Whatever it is, it is going to be fine. Don't worry." He told me and I smiled back at him — this time a real one.