argument.

Armaan clenched his fists as his eyes fell on the clock and the cigarette in his left hand. He stared at the clock with his bloodshot red eyes.

10:57PM

A whole night. Almost a whole day, Maya spent a whole day with another guy while dating him. He skipped his office, cried himself to sleep but he couldn't. Kept smoking, trying to forget the pain.

He felt anger running down his veins as he banged his hand on the glass table and it broke down into small pieces. He stared at his hand with a smile forming on his face as blood fell down his hands.

It was surely a very bad cut.

Armaan felt a small knock on the door as he threw away the cigarette, took a deep breathe trying to control his anger before standing up and opening the door just to see Maya giving him a smile.

In a normal time, he would have died for that smile. But this wasn't normal. He felt like he was betrayed by the girl he considered his world.

Maya slowly smelled the atmosphere of the house as she stepped in— leaving Armaan standing like a statue on the door.

"You— why does it smell like cigarettes? You smoke?" She asked with worriedness filled in her voice that's when Armaan turned his face towards her with anger rushing in his eyes.

She felt uneasy staring into his anger filled eyes and gulped down on her saliva. "I said it, but I'm saying it again. Smoking doesn't suit a gentleman like you." She said with a beautiful smile hoping that Armaan would chuckle like he always does but instead he ran towards her like a wolf and stood Infront of her face.

"I didn't say it, but I'm saying it now. Cheating doesn't suit a loyal woman like you, Miss Maya Safeer." He said with so much bitterness in his voice as Maya stared at him confusedly.

"What happened?" She asked keeping a hand on his chest, but before she could keep it any longer. He pushed it away harshly.

"Armaan!" She yelled at him with her widened eyes as he spoke.

"You spent your whole night with the guy you loved for years. You dumped me, Maya. I felt like an idiot! You just come back and behave like everything is fine?" He asked angrily.

"What? Armaan! Mind your words. You are misunderstanding the whole situation. I didn't spent my night with any guy! How can you even think of that?" She yelled back at him.

"Then what— Hun?" He took a step closer to her and she took a step away from him keeping a distance between them as he roared at her.

"You went out and did what? Where did you even go, Maya? Do you have any idea how much worried I was? And then there I go to the guy you loved so dearly and there you are so close to him. I hated to see it, Maya. I fucking hated it!" He yelled at Maya who was now caressing her head in stress.

"Armaan, he passed out on the road. My uncle found him and called me to inform that he had passed out. That's why I went to help him. There was no one else who could help him. Can't you understand that?"

She asked him.

"Well, Mr Sarim only knows you? What about his father? His mother? Someone else he knows? You're not even a good friend of his!" Armaan argued back.

"Definetly couldn't call his dad. Don't you understand the situation? What would a father do to his son after he finds him passed out on the road after smoking a large amount of cigarettes. He will definetly not like it." Maya argued.

"Oh come on! Stop giving these lame excuses. Okay. Let's believe that for a second. You spent your whole day with him? Don't tell me you are his doctor or something!" Armaan yelled at her face.

"Armaan! Will you please calm the hell down and listen to me for a second? I didn't stay stay with him! I went out of his house at 9AM but Zayn called me for something important and I had to go." She gave another reason.

Armaan just rolled his eyes at her as he spoke, "Those sound like some very lame excuses. You could've at least called me Maya." He said in a painful voice.

The whole atmosphere went silent. Only their deep breathings could be heard. Maya looked down at her feet as she felt tears forming in her eyes.

"You don't trust me, Armaan." She said with a long sigh. Armaan looked at her with worriedness filled in his eyes.

"I trust you, Marya. But just a call? You could've just told me when you left. I was so worried." He said and was about to touch her when she pushed him away.

"Don't you dare to touch me. Touch me when you trust me enough! Stay away from me!" She told him as she walked upstairs.

He kept calling her name but she didn't say a word.