Missed it.

After what felt like years, Armaan finally got discharged.

Now Maya could feel the warmth of his arms, see his beautiful eyes looking into hers with so much affection.

Right now, they were sitting on the sofa. The clock flashed the time 2:39 AM.

Armaan slowly moved his eyes towards Maya and gave a glance to her and there she was. She was sleeping soundly on his arm. Unknowingly a smile formed on his perfectly shaped lips as he caressed Maya's hair.

"She's so beautiful." He mumbled to himself before making her lay down comfortably and covering her with a big blanket. It was very cold.

He slowly stood up as he felt pain in his legs. He has been sitting on that sofa for exactly 3 hours. He winced as he grabbed his phone which was on the table infront of the sofa and walked towards his room.

He was about to enter his room, when his phone rang making him flinch in his place. He took a calming breath and took his phone in his hand to see who it was.

Unknown.

The screen flashed.

He stated at his phone in a state of confusion. Should he pick it up? Unknown calls at this time? Maybe someone needs help.

He decided to pick it up. He picked the call and put the phone on his ear as he heard a heart shattering voice from the line.

Like someone was sobbing. His breathe hitched for a second and he took a deep breathe.

"Who's there?" He asked in a small, tired and frightened voice.

"It-'s m-e Sar-im." The voice completed with some cries in between. As soon as Armaan heard this, his heart felt heavy.

"What happened, Sarim?" He asked on the line and entered his room, closing the door behind him so Maya couldn't hear any of the conversation.

"Don-t worr-y about me. What about you and Maya? Ha? You guys good now?" He asked in a painful voice. He chuckled in between the sentence but Armaan swore on his life.

He has never heard a more painful chuckle in his entire life.

"Sarim, we are fine. What happened to you?" Armaan asked again in a worried voice but he could only hear cries from the other line.

"Armaan! I'm in pain!" He yelled on the line and Armaan felt a bee sting him on his heart. He felt pain growing inside of him.

Why didn't he feel happy? Why didn't he feel good hearing Sarim cry? Maybe he was a good human. He wasn't that bad. Sarim Abbas wasn't that bad.

"Will you at least tell me why are you crying?" Armaan asked again in hope of hearing the answer.

"Jab koi insaan maafi mangta hai to usey maaf kyon hai kia jata, Armaan? Kyon nahi!" Sarim yelled and cried in between as Armaan tightened his grip on the phone.

"Sarim, calm down. It's okay. She can't forgive you so easily. You ruined a year of her life. It's not that easy to forget it." Armaan said the truth to Sarim and he heard more cries from the other line.

"Armaan! Mujhey Dard ho Raha hai! I feel pain in my heart. Mujhy Kya hogaya hai? Mujhy aesa Kyu feel ho Raha hai? Batao mujhey!" Sarim asked on the line.

Armaan shut his eyes tight, trying to control his emotions.

Sarim had indeed fallen in love with Maya.

"Armaan! Chup kyon ho? Mujhy Maya pasand nahi hai na right? Woh to mujh par Jan deti thi. Main hi usko bhej deta tha Apne se door. Bohot door. Pata hi nahi Chala woh kab itni door Chali gayi ke mujhy takleef hone lagi. Mujhy Kya hogaya hai, Armaan?"

Sarim asked again in a painful voice.

"Sarim. You have fallen in love with her. You have made a mistake, Sarim!" Armaan yelled on the line as Sarim cried even more.

"Mistake? Mistake? Loving her will never be a mistake. Ignoring her, not treating her right, hating her will always be." Sarim said.

"Ab bohot dair ho chuki hai, Sarim. She doesn't like you anymore. You have lost the chance." As Armaan said that on the line, Sarim felt his heart bounce out of his chest.

He felt his heartbeat increasing and his mind going dizzy.

The words repeated in his mind like a horrible song.

You have lost the chance.

"You have lost her, Sarim!" Armaan spitted out the truth.

You have lost her.
You have lost her.

Sarim turned off the phone and fell on his knees. He buried his face on his legs and cried his heart out.

You have lost her.
I have lost her.

All the moments, memories. Everything replayed in his mind.

The way she cared for him.
The way he hated her.

The way she made sure he was fine.
The way he made sure she wasn't fine.

The way she loved him.
The way he hated her.

Sarim never fell for anyone in his entire life, he never touched a woman in his entire life.

But Maya. Maya had successfully captured his heart and destroyed it.

He felt like the world was finished. There was nothing holding him back. Maya had gone too away. Too away from him.

_______