I Felt It.

Chapter 27 

I Felt It. 

Bill sighed in exasperation and frustration as Gemina rejected yet another meal. Bite marks left on her neck reminded Bill that Gemina was in it now. There was no way she would be able to get back on her feet after this. Who would be? How many tragedies are humans capable of handling before they snap? He had to remind himself that the skin and bones in front of him is his friend. 

"Gemina, you have to eat." 

 It is currently 5 days into her hunger strike. 

Gemina thought she heard a familiar voice, but the noise was too far in her mind. She was refusing to wake up to reality and found herself burrowing into her own memory. In her dreamy state, her lips turned up into a smile, bringing an eerie feeling towards Bill. The juxtaposition of her physical state against the smile on her face was nothing short of creepy. Gemina's smile was serene, like a finale in a tumultuous play. He called out for her many a times, but she wasn't in the same plane as he was. To Gemina, she was in her childhood home, sitting on the sofa with her legs carelessly propped up her mother's legs while her father cursed playfully at the static-y television screen. 

Her parents' faces were full and bright, their arms smooth and only marked by the sun's kisses. The sun peeked into their room through her mother's painted window. She was at peace, at last.

On the TV screen, Elmo's quirky character jabbed at his peers with his seemingly innocent tone and words, making her parents snort and chuckle. Gemina's father watched as Gemina, and her mother playfully imitated the cartoon with exaggerated actions. She just turned seven and yet she was wiser than her peers. Her medals and awards glistened under the bright sky. They might not say it often but not only are they proud of her now, they're proud of the person she's going to grow to be. He can already tell that she would change worlds. 

The TV then turned to static and Gemina's father cursed in frustration. He rounded their kitchen aisle and marched towards the television set, giving the box a slap on the back. The cartoony anger exuding from her father made Gemina burst into a fit of laughter. The sweet sound melted her father's anger into smithereens and he too, fell into a fit of giggles. The Smither family soon fell into a silly mood, causing them to chuckle at every move. Forgotten were the red stamped bills on the kitchen counter and the backdoor getting abused by banging from an old friend. The only thing in their mind was what a happy family they were and would be. 

That is, until she felt her lips being propped open and a cold thick liquid snaking its way into her heart.