Throw Tantrums

Chapter 2 

Throw Tantrums

It was 4-hour drive between Bon Temps and Shreveport which is why Gemina didn't fall for Jason's bluff. After the call has ended, she was quick to call Sookie to let her know just how unreasonable Jason was being. It was 50/50 with him and she just wanted to make sure that Jason wouldn't do anything stupid. She knows his irrational hatred towards the vamps. 

"He's a damn fool." Sookie muttered, agreeing with Gemina's rantings. "But he is also right, Gemina. A vamp bar with Dawn? Really?" she asked, disappointed. Sookie still couldn't believe that Gemina agreed to go with Dawn to Shreveport to visit the infamous vampire bar. It was so unlike Gemina. 

It wasn't a secret that people viewed Dawn's interesting lifestyle as taboo and it sure as hell not a secret that people found Gemina and Dawn's friendship a bit odd. 

The slut and the sweetheart

Gemina groaned at Sookie's question, "You know if any of you really just spent time with the girl, you'll see just how genuine she really is. She's enjoying her womanhood, Sookie. There's nothing wrong with that. She's an adult and she's single. She ain't hurting anybody." she whisper-yelled as Dawn was just inside the bathroom taking a shower. 

They had finished having fun for the night just a few minutes ago and have resorted to their hotel room. Dawn immediately ran straight to the shower as the girls were covered with alcohol that they spilled on themselves. Well, Dawn had her own dried blood on her neck too. 

Sookie sighed and changed the topic, "Okay, I'll calm Jason down so just enjoy your birthday. You girls have a ride home, right?" she quizzed, worriedly playing with the telephone line. Gemina hummed, "I'll be driving us, don't worry. We'll be there by noon." she concluded, unconsciously eyeing her keys on the nightstand. With a final sigh and reminder to take good care, Sookie finally ended the call. 

Dawn got out of the shower with her towel tight on her body and another wrapped around her hair. She snorted at Gemina's exhaustion as she put down the landline, "They told you I'm the she-devil yet?" she joked, smirking. Gemina felt embarrassed about the things people told her about Dawn, "Gosh, I'm so sorry Dawn." she shook her head, wiping her face in frustration. She felt awful about not really being able to defend her friend when it comes to the elders. 

Especially Mrs. Fortenberry who was still adamant that she was the perfect bride for Hoyt. 

"No worries, girl! I'm used to it anyways." Dawn shrugged, plopping down on the bed. She was so used to the awful insults, glares and whispering every time she walked by. Dawn was just really glad to have Gemina. She was the only girl-friend she had. "I still worry. It's not something you have to put up with." Gemina insisted before shaking her head, "I was just on a call with Sookie. Told her to put Jason to bed and she just told us to be careful." she informed her, standing up to go take a shower. 

Gemina was already at the door when Dawn called out for her, "I saw him glance at you, you know?"