Prologue

Prologue

Evening shifts at Merlotte's were a pain in all the waitresses' asses. The place would be full of drunk assholes who don't know class if it hit them in the head. Those were just one of the creatures of the night that gave Gemina goosebumps. 

Well, there were the vamps as well. 

Gemina's eyes trailed over the bar, her gaze passing over Sam, Arlene, Sookie, and her best friends before she finally looked over her booth. Taking out her notepad from her apron, she watched the three drunk men splay themselves sloppily over their seats, laughing about their indecent jokes with their mouth spraying saliva everywhere. Gemina cringed before taking in a deep breath to prepare herself. 

Here goes nothing. 

Sauntering over to the booth, Gemina cheerily greeted them, "Good evening, gentlemen! What can I get you guys for tonight?" her voice was uncharacteristically high. She has learned from the incident just a few months ago when she mistakenly called a group of men 'boys'. She was using her 'customer service' voice and damn if the patrons didn't love it. 

One by one, the drunks looked up at her, their eyes shamelessly roaming all over her body. They nodded at her with a malicious smirk.

 "Miss Ge-mi-na! You look yum tonight!" the man near to her greeted before looking over to his friends with a perverted grin. The men boomed with laughter, clapping each other's backs in support. Gemina sighed, her heart starting to drum. She has never been good at defending herself, she hates confrontation and would rather just run to a corner and hide. 

She hissed as the man took a hold of her hand, "Come on, don't be like that!" he groaned, frowning as she cringed and inched backwards. Gemina's heart thumped against her chest as she tried to throw the hand off of her. 

Embarrassment and disgust started to fill her in. 

She blinked profusely, not wanting her tears to drop. If there was one thing she would like to change about herself, it was that her tear ducts were shallow. The man was still whispering something under his breath but she was too frozen to hear. She looked around for help but saw that everybody was in their own world. Jason and Hoyt were deep in their own conversation, their back against her. "Please do not touch me." she gritted her teeth as she glared at the man. The man only chuckled, "God! Your sweet voice!" he moaned and stroked the back of her hand. 

A flash of anger made Gemina push the man back, her eyebrows an angry arch. She put her lips together and whistled. Not long after, Jason and Hoyt stood up abruptly, the bar stool falling behind them. The boys marched towards her, their eyes taking in the scene. Jason stared at her with a questioning gaze, "Asshole held my hand and wouldn't let go when I asked nicely." She ground out, rubbing her hand in disgust. 

Hoyt glared at the men and pulled her behind him while Jason arched his brow at the man, "She asked nicely, man." he grumbled, putting both of his hands on his waist. Jason looked back at Gemina and saw her anger. He wiped his chin and nodded towards the door, "Why don't we talk about this outside?" he calmly waved the man to follow him.