All Fight Left Her

Chapter 6 

All Fight Left Her

The whole Merlotte's was under the vamps' mystique. 

Eric was enjoying seeing the pull and effect that he had on Gemina. The way her eyes had never left him while her heartbeat screamed. Even though he is technically a stranger to her, he could see the slight lick of familiarity in her eyes. It was almost as if her memory of him on that throne on her birthday was dancing sultry in her pupils. So bare and so obvious but still so intimate. 

Not being able to resist it, he stepped towards her, his steps fluid and yet purposeful. Eric was being uncharacteristically clingy. It hasn't even been a week since the accident and he was itching to see some semblance of remembrance from her. Pam squinted her eyes at her maker, he was acting so undisciplined and childish. Eric's focus on Gemina didn't waver even as Sam stepped in to try to put some distance between them. 

Eric resisted the urge to flick the mutt away. 

"Fangtasia would absolutely love to have you." he hummed, his voice was intoxicating Gemina. It was laced with such persuasion and seduction that she was left feeling bare. Gemina looked up at him with her brows furrowed in worry and awe at his boldness. She noted how Sam looked insignificant compared to him. Distracted by the eye contact, she didn't notice the card that he was extending towards her. Only when Sam, unsuccessfully, tried to snatch the card away from the vamp's hand did she realise it. 

It was smack-dab disrespect, promoting your own business whilst you're in another man's establishment. But Gemina didn't seem to mind him handing Sam his own ass for once. 

The tension was too thick for Gemina to swallow, making her grimace. The whole of Merlotte's were barely breathing, eyes wide open as if afraid to miss a step. She was the face of it all. Eric found it amusing how much of an open book Gemina is. How she was quick to feel uncomfortable with a little tension. So he smiled, his boyish grin, almost teasing her to remember things, but Gemina, ignorant to all of his moves, only cringed when Eric didn't let up when Sam tried once again to slap the card away. 

Gemina sighed and reached for the card when Eric adjusted his hold on it so that their skin touched. Sam watched as Gemina's eyes snapped up and her and the vamp locked eyes, he could feel the anger crawling from his toes up to the tip of his hair. He fucking hated vamps. 

She audibly gasped at the unexpected contact while Eric only watched her intently. He's really cold. She slightly shivered and almost snatched her hand away but decided not to, afraid that she would offend him. He might be a vamp but they knew emotions - especially the negative ones they've been welcomed with everyday of their existence. He saw the turmoil in her eyes and in curiosity, he looked at Sookie to check if she was reading her. Sookie stood up straight once she realised Eric was looking at her, nervousness snaking its way towards her chest. 

Eric tilted his head at Sookie before he subtly nodded at Gemina's direction. Understanding what he was asking of her, Sookie firmly shook her head and looked away from him. Bill and Sookie exchanged soft glances as Bill shook his head to inform Sookie that Gemina wouldn't be harmed. Once she realised that Eric's gaze wasn't on her anymore, Gemina slightly stepped to the side to gaze at the woman vamp.