Last Sinful Breath

Chapter 18

Last Sinful Breath

I can take it, don't worry. She chanted in her head repeatedly, knowing that Sookie would hear it. She needed Sookie to hear it, that she was okay. That she could take it so that she should keep her mouth shut and not tell Gabe anything. Gemina kept her eyes closed, not allowing Gabe the satisfaction to see her react. He could cut her up all he wanted because they would not speak. This church has taken a lot from them- Jason, Eric's missing friend, and in some ways, a part of Eric. 

This wasn't going to go down the way Gabe wanted and Gemina was going to make sure of that. She was done waiting to be saved and done with being the punching bag. Tell me when. Gemina hissed as he made another cut, this time it was on the exposed skin just above her breast. Gabe chuckled humourlessly when Sookie hit the gate between them, shouting her promises of revenge. He then wiped the blood away with his forceful finger, "Red suits you." he maliciously complimented with a whisper. 

Seeing Gemina sneaking around in the basement was a continental slap to his face- Sarah was wrong. Gemina didn't look at him with affection or attraction, she was watching him closely, keeping tabs on him like the cunning bitch that she was. He felt embarrassed and his ego was bruised, these cuts on her skin weren't going to be enough to calm him down. 

He was going to make her suffer. 

___ 

"That's their army?" 

All Eric could see was a bunch of scared little boys, flailing their guns around as if it was going to protect them from the boogeyman. Stupid. The moon's bright light served no purpose for the darkness brewing inside Eric's heart. He was angry and thirsty for revenge- for Godric. For her. His fists shook as he thought about how lonely and scared Gemina must've been feeling. It has been 2 days too long since they last saw each other. Since he last felt her. 

Isabel looked away from the building and glanced at him, "Don't underestimate an army of fools, Eric." she warned lightly. Eric scoffed as he watched the building in front of them with his fists tightly clenched at his sides. His anger was wafting through the air like a gas leak that it made Isabel sniffle nervously. She turned to look at him and really took her time to look at him. 

Eric's hooded eyes were casted down while his head hung low. It was written all over his face: he was missing her. Sure he was already miserable and angry with Godric's disappearance but when Gemina went missing? Eric was inconsolable. His hotel room was a mess with everything upturned and destroyed while Gemina's was left untouched- he even slept in there, not even allowing room service to clean up in fear that it would wash away her scent.