It was as if a big hand was strangling his heart, making him unable to breathe.

"You.... fell in love with him?"

This question almost took Jackson's life away.

His eyes, which had finally recovered their original color, gradually turned red.

He looked at Amelia with his bloodshot eyes, pleading with her.

He seemed to be begging her to deny it. However, no matter how reluctant Amelia was to hurt him, she could only harden her heart now.

"Yes, I've fallen in love with him...."

She couldn't say if she loved James like she loved Ryan before or if she loved James more than she loved Ryan.

She always felt she couldn't help but fall in, and his every move was unforgettable.

Jackson had already realized it but didn't expect her to admit it.

She probably didn't care about his feelings because she didn't love him anymore.

It made sense. He had been absent for five years in that way, so it was normal for her to fall in love with someone else.

However, why did he feel so uncomfortable...

Jackson covered his chest and bent down in pain.

Heaving heavily, he tried to breathe but could not catch his breath.

The suffocating feeling gripped his heart, making it impossible for him to break free.

Sweat or tears rolled down her forehead.

In the end, he could only say, "Then what should I do..."

What should he do?

He had only lived for Amelia since he was a child.

She had fallen in love with James. What should he do?

Seeing him like this, Amelia's eyes were filled with guilt. "I'm sorry..."

Jackson raised his head, his bloodshot eyes reflecting her apologetic face. "I don't want your apology. I want you. Amelia, please don't love him anymore. Love me again, okay?"

He grabbed Amelia's cold hand and put it in his palm. "I'll treat you well in the future. I won't let you get hurt at all. Let's go back to the past and be as carefree as we were in school, okay?"

Amelia shook her head gently. "Ryan, we can't go back to the past..."

Jackson didn't believe her at all. "You're lying to me, aren't you? If you really loved him, you wouldn't have said those heartless words to him just now. You don't love him at all. You're just blaming me. That's why you lied to me like that..."

"I said those heartless words because he doesn't love me."

Amelia calmly interrupted Jackson. "He bought me because I look like Ms. Moore. I'm just a substitute. Now that Ms. Moore is back, he will marry her soon. I can only cut off all ties with him."

Another reason was that she was about to die. She didn't want James to see her miserable state before she died. It was too ugly.

She thought that even if she were to die , she had to leave a good impression on James. When he finds out in the future.

If he could still remember her in the future, he would only remember her delicate and beautiful face, not her disfigured appearance.

Jackson looked at her and suddenly gave a bitter smile.
If she was just a substitute, why did he touch her after Emily returned?