-22

(Suno, I love you all. Mere pyare readers, bohat ache ho tum log. *hugs* gali nahi dena author ko. Ok?)

ENGAGEMENT DAY!
.
As the morning sun cast its golden rays upon the world outside, Zeya sat perched upon her bed, her gaze fixed upon the window as tears trickled silently down her cheeks. The weight of her emotions bore heavily upon her, a tempest of uncertainty raging within her troubled mind.

"I thought everything was under my control," she murmured softly to herself, her words barely audible above the gentle rustle of the curtains. "I thought I could control my emotions. I thought I was strong enough."

But as the reality of her situation sank in, Zeya felt her resolve begin to crumble, the facade of strength she had so carefully crafted beginning to fray at the edges. With a heavy heart, she realized that her carefully constructed world was spiraling out of control, slipping through her fingers like grains of sand.

"I thought I wouldn't break down," she whispered, her voice barely a whisper as she grappled with the overwhelming tide of emotions that threatened to engulf her. "But guess everything else is going downhill for me."

With a weary sigh, Zeya wiped away her tears, steeling herself for the challenges that lay ahead.

In the dimly lit confines of his bedroom, Sherdaad sat hunched over, the tendrils of smoke from his cigarette curling lazily around him like wisps of melancholy. Beside him, Felis, the orange tabby, purred contentedly, a silent companion in the depths of his despair.

As Sherdaad absently stroked Felis's fur, memories of Zuha flooded his mind, each recollection a bittersweet reminder of the happiness they once shared. He watched as Felis pounced playfully on a stray sunbeam, a scene that echoed the joyous laughter that once filled his life.

But amidst the flickering shadows of the past, Sherdaad's heart was heavy with regret, his thoughts consumed by the haunting question of what could have been. "If I could go back in time," he murmured softly to himself, his words lost in the quiet solitude of his room. "I would change everything."

With a heavy sigh, Sherdaad's gaze wandered to the window, the world outside cloaked in the predawn stillness. "Is this the end?" he wondered aloud, the weight of his despair pressing down upon him like a suffocating shroud. "Is this what my fate is?"

But as Felis nuzzled against his hand, a small beacon of comfort amidst the darkness, Sherdaad found himself grappling with a glimmer of hope. "What do I do?" he whispered, his voice tinged with desperation. "Why do I feel so helpless?"

As Zeya reluctantly made her way to Shahmeer's room, her heart weighed down by a sense of resignation, she found herself faced with his eager anticipation. With an exasperated sigh, she listened to his playful chiding about her tardiness, her own frustrations simmering beneath the surface.

"Come on, Zeya, what's taking you so long?" Shahmeer whined, his impatience palpable as he fidgeted with his cufflinks. "The engagement is in an hour, and you're still not ready!"

Feeling the weight of his expectations bearing down upon her, Zeya offered a feeble excuse, her voice tinged with weariness. "I was busy with work," she murmured, her words trailing off as she avoided his gaze.

Undeterred, Shahmeer urged her to hasten her preparations, his insistence bordering on desperation. "You need to get ready soon," he pressed, his tone tinged with urgency. "We don't have much time left."

With a heavy heart, Zeya acquiesced, her resolve crumbling in the face of his relentless prodding. "Fine," she conceded, her voice barely above a whisper as she resigned herself to her fate.