-2

"Ek choti si baat maan lo,
Safar lamba hai haath thaam lo. "
.

Two Years Later,

Two years had swiftly passed since the joyous arrival of Zeya Maroof Umar and Zuha Maroof Umar, the twin baby girls who brought an abundance of laughter and delight to the Syed family. As they reached the tender age of two, their presence infused the household with an energetic and playful atmosphere.

Shahmeer and Sherdaad, now thirteen years old, had embraced their roles as protective and doting older brothers. The twins, Zeya and Zuha, were becoming little personalities of their own, exploring the world with wide-eyed wonder.

Zeya, the older of the two by a mere minute, possessed a crown of beautiful brown hair that framed her cherubic face. Her eyes, sparkling with curiosity, mirrored the warm hue of rich chocolate. In contrast, Zuha, distinct from the familial features, sported ash-colored hair that lent an ethereal quality to her appearance. Her eyes, like pools of melted chocolate, added a captivating depth to her gaze.

𓃹

The Syed household buzzed with the energy of adolescence as Shahmeer, on the cusp of thirteen, embodied a rebellious spirit that colored his interactions with the world around him. Yet, amidst his carefree demeanor, there existed an exception-the apple of his eye, his cherished princess, Zeya.

On a typical afternoon, as sunlight streamed into the living room, Shahmeer found himself engrossed in play with Zeya. Their laughter echoed through the air, drawing the attention of Shahmeer's mother, who observed their bond with a mixture of warmth and concern.

"Shahmeer," his mother approached gently, her voice carrying a blend of maternal care and caution, "saara ka saara din is gudiya k sath khelte hue nikaal dete ho. What about your studies?"

Shahmeer, still immersed in their play, looked up with a carefree smile. "Mom, you worry too much. I've got everything under control."

The mother, her concern lingering, pressed on. "I appreciate the love you have for Zeya, but you must balance your time. Your studies are crucial, Sherdaad ko dekho kitna zaheen bacha hai, Mashallah."

"Don't worry, Mom," Shahmeer assured, his eyes reflecting both determination and mischief, "I'll study too, but Zeya needs me and I need her. Aur wo bhi toh Zuha k aagy peechy ghoomta rehta hai."

A sigh escaped his mother's lips, the wariness in her eyes betraying the weight of her concern. "Just make sure you find the right balance, Shahmeer. Your future is important too."

With a mischievous grin, Shahmeer responded, "I got this, Mom,"

"What about Mahnoor and Umar? Wo kaha hai dono? " She asked.

"Zuha....usko leke gaye hai hospital." He replied sucking in a breath.

"Haaye Allah! Phir bimar hogyi bachi?!" She exclaimed.

"Ma...you know she is weak. Aaj toh Sherdaad bhi gya hai. You should have seen kitni zidd ki usne Zuha k sath jaane ki. "

He said before diving back into the world of make-believe adventures with Zeya. The living room became a canvas for their imaginative escapades, the bond between the rebellious teenager and his little princess.