-12

TWO YEARS LATER>>
In the quietude of Zeya's room, bathed in the soft glow of fairy lights, the sisters found themselves immersed in a conversation about love and ideals.

"Toh tumhe kaisa Shareek e hayat chahiye?" Zuha asked.

"Mera shohar toh safed ghode pe, golden baalon wala, khoobsurat smile, itnaaaaaa lamba, haseen tareen ek dum body builder type ka hoga. "Zeya, ever the dreamer, expressed her penchant for the classic tall, dark, and handsome prince charming – the stuff of fairy tales.

As the banter continued, Zoha, usually reserved about such matters, fell silent, her thoughts drifting into unspoken realms.

Curiosity dancing in her eyes, Zeya playfully prodded her sister about her ideal type, only to be met with a thoughtful silence. Intrigued, Zeya probed further, teasingly suggesting that she knew the secret Zoha had been harboring. The room seemed to hold its breath as Zoha, caught in a moment of vulnerability, looked away.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, Zeya playfully declared, "I know your secret, Zoha. It's Daad Bhai, isn't it?" Zoha, momentarily flustered, attempted to conceal her emotions, but the truth lingered between them like an unspoken melody.

In the tender confession that followed, Zoha, with a blend of hesitancy and sincerity, admitted, "hmmm".

"Zuha, you know this isn't right. Sherdaad, the family – they'll never approve.....this is just not how things are supposed to be."

Zuha, her gaze flickering with a blend of sadness and defiance, nodded in acknowledgment. "I know, Zeya. I know it's not conventional, par mera khud pe ikhtiyaar nahi."

A heavy sigh hung in the air, echoing the weight of their unspoken fears and the impending opposition. Sensing Zuha's vulnerability, Zeya gently placed a hand on her shoulder and whispered words of comfort.

"I understand, Zuha. Love is complex, and sometimes it doesn't conform to the expectations of the world. No matter what happens, I'm here for you."

In that moment of shared understanding, the sisters leaned on each other for support, the weight of uncharted emotions and societal expectations creating a bond that transcended the challenges ahead.

.

they gathered in the cozy living room, the warm glow of the chandelier casting a soft light on their faces. Dadu cleared his throat, signaling that something important was about to be revealed.

The family, now assembled, exchanged glances, their curiosity piqued. Dadi, with a gentle smile, nodded at Dadu, encouraging him to proceed. The air was thick with anticipation as they waited for the revelation that was about to unfold.

Dadu spoke, his voice carrying a sense of authority and wisdom acquired over the years. "Toh mere pyaare nikkame ghar walo, ab jab Zuha ki tabiyat bilkul behtar hai toh in do chadey chaant laundo ka koi bandobast kare ya nahi??"

Shahmeer's eyes lit up with excitement, and Sherdaad, caught off guard, tried to maintain composure.

"Areyy dadu, dil ki baat kehdi aapne. Yaha toh kisi ko hamara khayal he nahi hai. " Shahmeer said looking at Sherdaad.

"Chup hoja gawaar... " Sherdaad whisper yelled and also elbowed him.

"Daadu ek kaam karein meri kardein is Jaanwar ko rehne de. " Shahmeer said.

Dadu continued ignoring them, "Maine in dono k liye ladkiya dekh li hai. Who not only come from respectable families but also share values that align with our own."

Shifa, her curiosity getting the better of her, leaned forward and asked with eagerness, "Abbu, can you tell us more about them?"

Dadu, smiling warmly, began to unfold the details about the chosen matches. "Mere bachpan k dost Shaheer Ghazi ki potiyan hai wo. Sumaiya, at the age of 24, is on the verge of completing her MBA. She is an intelligent and ambitious young woman, devoted to her studies. I believe she will complement Shahmeer's qualities quite well."