-6

In the heart of the Syed family home, the kitchen hummed with activity. Mahnoor skillfully flipped parathas on the sizzling griddle, while Binish stirred a pot of aromatic aloo ki sabji, and Shifa attentively prepared a luscious halwa. This harmonious orchestration was their nightly ritual, a symphony of flavors echoing through the household.

Amidst the clinking of utensils and the comforting aroma of spices, Mahnoor, with a mischievous glint in her eye, broached a topic that lingered in the air like the fragrance of freshly cooked meals. "Binish bhabhi, Shifa bhabhi, kya humein nahi lagta ki hume kitchen mein aur do bahuein chahiye?"

Binish, with a soft laughter bubbling up, replied, "Tum sahi keh rahi ho. Maine toh Shahmeer ke abba se baat ki hai, hum ammi aur abbu se ijazat leke uske liye ladki dekhna shuru karenge."

A wave of joy swept across Mahnoor's face as she exclaimed, "Ye toh bohot achi khabar hai."

The kitchen door swung open, revealing Zeya, Her eyes danced with curiosity as she teased, "Kyu bhai, kya khushkhabri hai yahaan?"

Shifa chuckled, playfully smacking Zeya's shoulder, and Zeya pouted in response. "Tumhare Meer ki shaadi ki tayyariyan ho rahi hain," Shifa shared, and laughter echoed in the kitchen.

Zeya, initially skeptical, sought confirmation, and upon realizing the truth, couldn't help but comment, "Unse kaun nikkah karega, ek number k chugalkhor hai wo toh."

Mahnoor, joining the laughter, reassured Zeya, "He cares about you, lekin jab uski biwi aayegi toh phir tumhari saari tension khatam hojayegi."

As the conversation lightened, Binish pulled Zeya's cheeks, saying, "He will be with his wife, not bothering you much." Zeya nodded, absorbing the wisdom.

"Aapne koi larki dekhi hai?" Zeya inquired, genuinely curious.

"Nahi, par use k liye ladki dhundhna mushkil nahi hoga," Mahnoor replied. Zeya's mischievous gaze shifted to Shifa, smirking, "Sherdaad bhai ka kya scene hai? Zuha k bodyguard banke rehna hai hamesha?"

Laughter filled the room, but Shifa's smile faded at the thought. Mahnoor suggested, "Dono ke liye saath mein ladkiyan dekhte hain," reigniting excitement.

"Baat toh sahi hai, I'll talk to Aafaq bhi," She declared.

𓃹

Dinner unfolded in the warm embrace of the Syed family, gathered around the table as Mahnoor, Binish, and Shifa's culinary creations were served by the diligent server. The fragrant aroma of home-cooked meals enveloped the room, adding to the ambiance of togetherness.

Gulaam Din and Begum Zubaria, the patriarch and matriarch of the family, observed the scene with contentment. Their hearts swelled with joy at the sight of a united family, much like they had envisioned.

As the delicious feast continued, Gulaam Din, reminiscent of a conversation held years ago with Shahmeer and Sherdaad, posed a familiar question to Zeya and Zuha. "So, Zeya beta and Zuha bache, what have you decided for your future endeavors?"

Zuha, with a radiant smile, responded eagerly, "Dadu, I want to be an Aalimah. I will study Islamic studies." Gulaam Din nodded, a sense of pride evident in his eyes. Zuha's unwavering commitment to her faith brought him immense satisfaction, as none of his other descendants had shown such dedication.

Turning to Zeya, Gulaam Din inquired once more, "Aur aap, Zeya beta?" Shahmeer couldn't resist a playful snort, earning a glare from his sister.

"Dadu, I just want to complete my bachelor's in history, that's it," Zeya replied dutifully, casting a disapproving glance at Shahmeer.