-21

At home during the shopping spree-

In the midst of the bustling household, Zeya found herself surrounded by the matriarchs of the family, each engrossed in the preparations for the upcoming engagement. With her mother Mahnoor, Shahmeer's mother Binesh, and Sherdaad's mom Shifa by her side, Zeya joined in the meticulous planning, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of the impending festivities.

Seated around the dining table, the women sipped on steaming cups of tea, their voices blending into a symphony of organized chaos as they oversaw the decoration arrangements. Amidst the laughter and chatter, Shifa and Mahnoor couldn't help but notice the persistent buzzing of Zeya's phone, a telltale sign of impending trouble.

Exchanging concerned glances, Shifa and Mahnoor shared a silent understanding, their maternal instincts on high alert. Sensing something amiss, they devised a plan to discreetly investigate the source of Zeya's distraction.

"Zeya bache zara dadu k kamre se mendhi ka thaal le aao.. " Mahnoor said, with a subtle suggestion, they urged Zeya to retrieve her mehendi from Dadu's room, seizing the opportunity to uncover the truth behind her preoccupation.

As Zeya left the room, her phone lay abandoned on the table, its incessant buzzing a harbinger of secrets waiting to be unveiled.

With a silent understanding, they seized the opportunity to investigate further, motioning for Binesh to join them.

Gathering around the abandoned phone, the women exchanged worried whispers as they observed the flurry of notifications lighting up the screen. Each ping seemed to heighten their apprehension, painting a picture of clandestine conversations unfolding beneath their very noses.

Binesh's brow furrowed in consternation as she scrolled through the messages, her lips pressed into a tight line of disapproval. "Ya Allah!!! Mai toh pagal ho jau gi... Ye sab ho kya raha hai," she murmured, her voice tinged with concern.

Mahnoor's heart sank as she absorbed the content of the messages exchanged between Shahmeer and Zeya, her worst fears confirmed by the evidence before her eyes. "There's more to this than we thought," she remarked, her voice heavy with disappointment.

Their brows furrowed in collective concern, the three women exchanged uneasy glances, their minds racing with the implications of what they had discovered. With a heavy sigh, Shifa set the phone back down on the table, her heart heavy with worry for her daughter's well-being.

As Zeya returned to the room, her eyes widened in surprise at the solemn expressions etched upon the faces of the women gathered around the table.

"What's wrong? Yaha koi mansuba banaya ja raha hai?? " She said looking at their faces. They paled.

"Oh... You're here. Le aayi thaal? " Mahnoor asked hastily.

"No ammi. Daadu said engagement kal hai toh aaj thal le kar aap sab ne kaha jana hai?? " She looked like an angry bird while spurtting these words.

"Okay... That's right too. Come sit here and complete the work. "

Raat 10 bjy (time),

As Shahmeer stepped into the familiar embrace of home, his weariness melted away, replaced by an eager anticipation fueled by the anticipation of seeing Zeya's reaction to the dress he had painstakingly chosen for her. Clutching the bag containing the garment in his hand, he hastened towards her room, his heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Knocking softly on her door, Shahmeer awaited Zeya's response with bated breath. But as the door swung open and he caught sight of her, his anticipation turned to confusion. Her demeanor was suddenly aloof, her tone guarded as she questioned his presence in her room.