Chapter 33: 'Scaredy-Cat'

Right off the bat, before there even was a jump scare, he was already hiding under a blanket, barely peeking up at the TV. "Are you okay?" I questioned. Jaxx scoffed. "Totally why wouldn't I be-" He practically screamed at the jump scare of Jennifer being stabbed as he jumped in my arms. "I can turn it off if you want me to." I offered. "It's fine." He muttered, quickly retreating under his blanket. I hesitantly put it back on. At the sound of a gunshot from the TV he jumped back in my arms once again. "I can put something else on like that Polly Pocket movie you like-" I started. "It's not that scary. I mean what kind of wuss would be scared of this bullshit-" He started. A dramatic boom sound came from the movie as Trevor stabbed Hannah. When it happened he flew under my bed with his blanket. I quickly turned it off, putting on one of the Polly Pocket spin offs. After it was playing I bent over to check on him.

"Hey...You can come out now. I put on one of your movies..." I mentioned. When I looked at him through the darkness, he was curled into a ball. When he heard what I said he started crying. "I'm a horrible boyfriend..." Jaxx insulted quietly. "No you're not. You're just...Scared easily." I comforted. "You're just saying that..." He muttered.

I ran up a flight of stairs. I didn't even know why. I looked behind me panting. There I saw a dark figure running after me. It looked vaguely similar to the creature from my other nightmares, but even scarier. Now it was taller and its old red eyes were replaced with shallow eye sockets, its mouth gaping unnaturally open to swallow me whole. It encouraged me to run faster. As I ran I began to recognize my surroundings. The stairs I was climbing were the stairs from the school I was enrolled in. Weirdly, this felt better than being home by myself any other day. It was a little worse being chased, but at least something wanted me. I began to run out of energy. So much so that I tripped on one of the stairs and fell over. As I was about to get up, It grabbed me. Its sharp claws dug into my skin. I yelped in pain. The thing let out a horrid scream. I would cover my ears but my arms were immobilized by its claws. Then everything went dark as it swallowed me whole.

I woke up hyperventilating. Shivers ran down my spine as I stared into darkness. The only thing I could feel was the mattress under me and the tears falling down my face. What if that thing was in here with me...? The thought made my body tremble. It felt like a bullet went through my head as a migraine developed in my head. I heard movement next to me, causing me to jump. I fell off of the bed I was on in fear, making my head worse. I cried from the pain. Just then a light came on. When I looked up I saw Jaxx getting out of my bed. "Are you okay? Did you have another nightmare?" He questioned in a concerned tone. I whimpered. "Come on buddy." He said, picking me up. I got placed on my bed where he wrapped me in a blanket, sitting next to me. "Is there anything I can do?" He offered. There was something. Something a 2 year old would ask. "Can you..." I hesitated. "It's stupid." I said quickly. "What is it?"