Chapter 20: 'Dear Heart' (Hayden to Jaxx's POV)

We watched as she left after helping herself to Jaxx's precious wine. As soon as Raven closed the door behind her he shot a glare at me. "Clean that up." He commanded, gesturing to the spilled wine on the floor. Before I could say anything, he already shoved a broom in my hand and continued watching TV on his bed. In reality he was more of a mess to mop up than the spilled wine. I waited until I saw him get comfortable to hand him the broom back. "If you want it cleaned so badly you're going to have to get off your delusional ass do it." I said flatly. Jaxx looked at me offended. I walked to the door. "And by the way, while you're at it, make me some dinner too." I commanded before I left. I slammed the door behind me. It felt good to get him back. I happily walked to the library to give Jaxx some time to do what I told him to.

JAXX'S POV

That little prick. I got up and cleaned up the wine. Only because I was already sick of looking at the mess. Then, I grabbed Ramen out of the fridge. No. This was not how it was supposed to be. Hayden should be making me dinner. Not the other way around. If anything, he should be bowing down to me. I was the royal. I was more powerful. More popular, more rich, more desired. If I wanted to, I could buy him since I had so much more money. But I would probably be in legal trouble... The point was I could. Not that I would want to... I would pick someone with less attitude if I had the option. But what if I didn't do what he said...? I thought. Ew. I wasn't scared of him. That little rat. He was adorable... But not to be feared. Especially not by someone as powerful as me.

The door opened as he came back in, holding a new stack of books. "Where's dinner?" He asked, putting them on his desk. "In the fridge." I answered. He looked in the fridge. I wasn't wrong. That was where the microwave pasta that he was going to make for me was. Hayden turned around. "It's in there." I repeated. I think that was intimidating enough to put him in his place- He placed the two boxes in front of me. That little fucker. "I meant you were going to make it." I flatly explained. "Oh, I'm so sorry sir. I'll make dinner." He replied in a sweet apologetic tone, taking the boxes away from me. A little too apologetic and high pitched for his usual tone... Oh well. About time he gave me the respect I deserved. I watched him get both of them out of the microwave. Hayden opened the cabinets but only got one bowl. I watched him pour everything into the one. Then, he had the audacity to sit right next to me, and eat it all. He noticed my glare towards him and looked at me smugly. "I made dinner. You never said I had to give you any."

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU HAYDEN-" I started. "You want to kill me? Get in line." He replied. I looked at him dumbfounded. He really just didn't care. He should, but he didn't. Hayden never did. I decided to read his mind. I bet he feared me in his thoughts like everyone else-

When will he just give up and go through with it...?

The only other people that didn't fear me was my family. Now I would have to add Hayden to the list. As I watched him put his dishes in the sink for me to clean up and 'practice' his witchcraft, I began to wonder why my heart would pick someone like him for me to like.