Chapter 24: 'New start'

I stayed the night at Quinn's house. Luckily for me, the girl she was sharing her dorm with was out with her boyfriend, so I got to sleep on a lavender smelling bed with bunches of 'aesthetic' stuffed animals and flower pillows. It was great compared to a small couch that looked like a ninety year old family heirloom from a 40 year old misogynist man's basement. I stayed there for the next two days until Jaxx came to pick me up with his apology. Quinn had him read it out to me. I could see the anxious sweat on his hands as the laminated paper kept slipping, and hear his voice tremble as much as his legs. "D-Dear Hayden... I am so, so sorry for putting a knife to your throat, scratching your arms and legs in the hallway and leaving you there to die, s-slapping you with your sketchbook, h-hurting your feelings and punching you. I am a horrible person for doing all of those things to you. And I was hoping to make up for it, y-you would be willing to slap me." He apologized. "Slap you?" I repeated. He nodded, as he did, it looked like he was being held at gunpoint. After what Jaxx did, I was fine slapping him. I got up off of the 40 year old misogynist man's heirloom couch, and slapped him as hard as I could.

Jaxx barely flinched for a second, scaring me with his lack of movement. "I deserved that." He said, lifting up his apology. I watched him flip to the next page he wrote, taking a deep nervous breath. By now, a red hand print has appeared on his face where I slapped him. "I-I've been wanting to tell you this since I first saw you but I... I like you. I like you a lot... And I was wondering if we could... Well... Start over... Or maybe when I don't have to date Raven we could go out sometime... T-That's if you want to of course-" He began. "I like you too." I admitted, standing up to meet his height. I technically couldn't since he was 3 inches taller than me. For a second we stared into each others eyes. Then, we kissed.

After I got my stuff and said bye to Quinn, Jaxx and I were going to go back to our dorm. Were. When we walked in, I dropped my bags to the hardwood floor when I saw who sat by our island table, drinking Jaxx's precious wine. It was Lucifer Morningstar.