Chapter 21: 'Misfortune' (Hayden's POV)

I put my dishes in the sink, and continued staring at my witchcraft book, still confused. Ms. Goldie expected me to be at 4 by tomorrow at least. I felt Jaxx's eyes on me. "A lot of sass for someone who can't even spawn an insect." He said flatly. "Well you have a lot of ego for someone who can barely work a PC monitor." I snapped back. "Those matrix boxes are stupid." Jaxx muttered. "So are you." I replied. I really just wanted him to stop bothering me. He grabbed my witch craft book away from me and slapped me in the face with it. Afterwards, he looked at the page I was at. Jaxx looked down at me. "You're kidding." He responded. "What do you think?" I asked bitterly. Satan Jr. sat next to me, helping me with witchcraft once again. By the time we went to bed, I had doubled Mrs. Goldie's expectations.

The next day, I had the misfortune to be partnered with Jaxx in the 4th hour. Science. To mix chemicals. As much as I hated it, I tried not to make him mad. Because if he did, he could easily pour toxic chemicals all over me. I did what he told me to. Having to go get everything, write everything down, and mix the chemicals. He wasn't even doing anything either. All he did was play video games on his phone. That was until I had enough. I didn't know how his servants at home dealt with him. Jaxx placed his water bottle in front of me. "And while you're at it, go refill my water. Oh, and get my snacks from the dorm-" He began, resting his feet on the desk. I pushed him out of his chair. Then, I took one of the bottles of chemicals, and poured it on his outfit.

I sat in the principal's office. Apparently the chemicals went through his expensive outfit, and burned his skin. It didn't help that I pushed him out of his chair either. But it wasn't like it could do very much damage anyway. "What would cause you to do something so feral?" Principal Lauren asked. "He was being an asshole." I answered. She gave me a shocked look. "Do not talk about Prince Jaxxon like that." Ms. Laurens commanded. I rolled my eyes. I thought of what Jaxx said on the first day of school. "Usually people fall in love with me by now..." This lady seemed less defensive, and more cult-like. "Look. I don't want to be here anymore than you do. Just tell me my punishment, and send me wherever." I said. "Well first you're going to apologize to Prince Jaxxon." Of course I had to. 

I went to the nurses office with her where I was taken to his room. I felt Principal Lauren's eyes on my back as I stepped to his bed. When I looked back at him, he was already staring at me smugly. I glared at the principal. "He's fine. I shouldn't have to apologize-" I began. "Do it." She interrupted. "Here to say something?" I sighed. "Sorry." I muttered. "For...?" Lauren continued. I knew he was enjoying this. "For pouring chemicals on you." I responded bitterly. "And?" She corrected. "And pushing you..." I said. "Now, what can Hayden do for you?" Laurens inquired to Jaxx. "Why would you subject me to such torture?" I questioned. "If you didn't want this to happen you shouldn't have been so mean to him." She replied.