The person in charge of the hospital, who was inspecting the clinic, hurriedly approached him when he saw him.

"Mr. Evans."

"Stella, she has a heart attack. Get oxygen for her!"

Wearing a white coat, Stella was interrupted by James before she could even speak.

She glanced at the woman in James's arms, who was breathless, and then quickly led him to the ward next door.

"Mr. Evans, please come with me!"

She pushed open the ward door and asked him to put her on the bed. After that, she quickly pulled on the oxygen mask and helped Amelia put it on.

Breathing in the fresh oxygen made Amelia feel like a fish out of water, suddenly returning to the pond and regaining a new life.

She grabbed the oxygen mask and desperately inhaled, and only then did the heart that had suffocated and couldn't breathe receive oxygen again.

Seeing that her face had regained a trace of vitality, James's tense look only gradually returned to cold and distant.

He looked at Stella, who was examining Amelia. "How is she?" he asked.

After listening for a while, Stella felt something was wrong with Amelia's heart.

"After the oxygen was inhaled, she recovered. The specific situation still needs further examination."

Her heart did show signs of failure, but before the results came out, she didn't dare to talk nonsense in front of James.

"Give her a full-body examination," James ordered coldly.

Stella nodded. "I'll go make the arrangements first."

Hearing their conversation, Amelia, taking in oxygen, gave up struggling.

Anyway, her illness could no longer be hidden. If James knew, then let him know.

After Stella left, James took out his phone and called Andrew.

"Two things. Remove the hotel's surveillance footage and shut Jackson's mouth up."

Andrew respectfully replied, "Yes, sir."

Only then did he put down his phone and look at Amelia.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a heart attack?"

His expression was as indifferent as ever, as if he was not worried about her illness but blamed her for hiding it.

Seeing his cold and indifferent appearance, the little ripples stirred up in Amelia's heart gradually faded.

She raised her hand and wanted to remove the oxygen mask to speak, but his bony hand grabbed her wrist.

"Don't move."

James's pleasant voice rang in Amelia's ears, hitting her heart and causing a few more ripples in her heart.

She pressed down on her abnormal heart, trying to control the frequency of her heartbeat, but she was frightened by James, who suddenly leaned over.

James's tall and straight body, with a suffocating sense of oppression, hit Amelia, making her unconsciously shrink her neck backward.

However, he didn't notice it at all. He pressed her down on the bed, lowered his head, and stared at her pale face. He asked softly, "Are you still feeling unwell?"

It was rare for James to care about her like this. It could be said that he had never been so concerned about her before. This sudden gentleness made Amelia extremely uncomfortable.