Chapter 132 - Departure (6)

Start from the beginning

This was the process of producing Japanese sign language. Meanwhile, the wide studio where the two men were exchanging sign language was silent.

“······”

“······”

“······”

PD Shinjo, MC Soyo, Choi Sung-gun, and the 200 or so audience members on the set, along with dozens of staff members, were all speechless. They were shocked by the unexpected sight and captivated by something they had never seen before.

After all, it’s not often one sees sign language, especially during a talk show recording, and the one using high-level Japanese sign language was not a Japanese person but a rookie Korean actor. Why could this actor use Japanese sign language instead of Korean?

It was astonishing.

At this moment,

“······Ah, ah!”

The skinny PD Shinjo, who had been blankly watching their sign language exchange, suddenly snapped back to reality. He then asked one of the two interpreters standing next to him, specifically the sign language interpreter,

“The sign language that Woojin is using now, it’s Japanese sign language, right? Not Korean?”

“Yes… it’s Japanese sign language. But didn’t you say he’s a Korean actor? Honestly, I was surprised at how well he speaks Japanese, but I never imagined he’d know sign language too.”

“I feel the same way.”

With a somewhat serious look, PD Shinjo raised his hand and shouted.

“Let’s pause the recording for a moment!!”

He hurried onto the stage. MC Soyo, still holding the microphone, was staring blankly at Woojin, but Shinjo, unbothered by that, rushed to Kang Woojin and asked him directly, filled with excitement.

“Woojin! You know Japanese sign language too? Not just speaking Japanese?”

Yes, it seems so. Woojin answered inwardly but outwardly spoke in a composed voice.

“Yes, a little. I can also use Korean sign language.”

“Korean sign language too – did you perhaps prepare for a job related to sign language in the past?”

“No, not at all.”

“Wait a minute. So, you’re saying you can use both Korean and Japanese, including the sign languages of both languages. That’s a total of 4 languages.”

Technically, it included English as well, but Woojin didn’t mention that part.

“That’s the case, though it’s not something to brag about.”

PD Shinjo immediately responded in Japanese.

“What! You should brag! That’s more than enough to be proud of! Wow- Woojin, with all those languages and acting skills… Honestly, it would be tough without living a second life, wouldn’t it? Are you on your second life by any chance??”

“Of course not.”

PD Shinjo seemed to agree with Woojin’s joking dismissal and started to calm down from the initial shock, now focusing on the current situation.

“Woojin, are you planning to keep your knowledge of Korean and Japanese sign language a secret? I mean, is it okay to show this on the broadcast?”

“There’s no need to hide it. I don’t mind it being broadcasted.”