‘……Crazy. I’ve never seen anything like this. Who knew the Japanese would be this enthusiastic too. Insane.’

His mind wandered off at the jaw-dropping sight, and then he looked at his friend Woojin’s face. It dawned on him just how famous this guy had become.

‘This guy’s really a star now?’

He wanted to shout, “That’s insane, you bastard!” But Kim Dae-young held back. Instead, he decided to make a fuss about it later in their private group chat.

Meanwhile, Woojin was thinking:

‘I feel nauseous, I really want to run away!’

He was starting to feel dazed from the overwhelming pressure.

From another perspective, this meant that the name value and interest in Director Kyotaro and writer Akari Takikawa, and ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger,’ were incredibly high. For Kang Woojin, this was a first-time experience, and such attention to a newcomer in the entertainment industry was unprecedented.

‘Wow – insane.’

Woojin had somewhat expected this. After all, CEO Choi Sung-gun had given him a heads-up on the plane.

‘Woojin, there might be quite a few reporters at the airport. There’s been some news about you and Ms. Hwalin’s schedule in Japan. It might be a bit noisy, but just act as you normally do. Just wave your hand calmly or something.’

But Woojin hadn’t expected it to be this intense. He glanced back at Choi Sung-gun and internally screamed.

‘A bit??! Is this what you call a bit? ‘

What seemed like a scene from TV was unfolding in reality. Woojin felt his legs trembling. However, the guards around him and Hwalin seemed unfazed, as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. Woojin forcibly pulled himself together.

‘No, I need to focus. Clench your teeth and walk! Kang Woojin, move forward.’

As Woojin was performing this excessive mind control, the guards surrounding him began to move, sensing it was the right time. Kang Woojin, Hwalin, and their entire team started to walk. Simultaneously, fans behind the reporters reached out their hands and threw unidentified gifts.

But Woojin, maintaining his poker face, couldn’t dare approach them recklessly.

‘Something’s – scary. Yeah, I’m scared.’

He was intimidated. In hindsight, it was a close to correct response. Approaching in such an overly excited situation could lead to accidents. Therefore…

-Swish.

Kang Woojin glanced at Hwalin and copied her actions, moderately waving towards the cameras and Japanese spectators. All the while, the team including Woojin hastened out of the arrival hall. Then, suddenly.

-Whoosh!

Someone from the throng of reporters and behind the fences quickly leaped forward. It was a man of average build, who charged towards Hwalin. He seemed to be a fan of Hwalin.

“Hwalin!!”

However, he was blocked by the surrounding guards, and Woojin reflexively protected Hwalin on his left. It was almost instinctual, his body moving on its own before his mind. Woojin then muttered internally as he looked at the blocked man.

‘What the, that scared the hell out of me.’

Slowly turning his head towards Hwalin, their eyes met. Unlike Woojin’s expressionless face, Hwalin’s pupils were dilated, her shoulders seized. Only then did Kang Woojin realize what he had done.