Chapter 128 - Departure (2)

Start from the beginning

That was it, Kang Woojin was ‘acting’ at this moment.

An acting that he achieved on his own, without the aid of the power of the void space. It worked. How did this happen? Woojin pondered over the process while showing his ad-lib acting as the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door.’ But it had been so hectic that he couldn’t remember well.

‘Is it because I’ve been pretending for too long? Or is it because the roles I’ve learned through the void space have accumulated?’

It was most likely a coincidence. It was premature to conclude. Well, whatever the reason, he had grown a bit? Of course, without the void space, acting as a career was still a stretch. Kang Woojin, with his ordinary civilian core, lacked experience. It was also impossible to act in works of great directors like Kwon Ki-taek or Kyotaro.

But still.

‘It’s definitely a bit different from before.’

It was hard to say that Kang Woojin from a few months ago, during ‘Profiler Hanryang,’ and now were the same. The ad-lib, which seemed like a mistake or a coincidence, was not accidental. He showed an ad-lib intentionally, and that sudden act of performance was…

‘He’s good, but the way his expression changes so quickly is kind of creepy?’

‘I don’t really know sign language, but it doesn’t feel awkward. It feels natural, like something he’s been doing continuously. How much practice did he put into this?’

‘That smile. If we do a close-up, add some sound effects and a filter, it would be like a perfect movie shot.’

‘No wonder he’s called a monster rookie. His acting is incredible, really.’

A great tension enveloped the actors gathered there.

“……A minor role with brief screen time, performing complex sign language alone – its impact is tremendous, but still, he’s a rookie. Any slip in acting would be immediately noticeable and criticized. It’s imperative.’

Kang Woojin’s very existence posed a crisis for the other actors. Especially for Jung Jang-hwan, who was the only one to have direct interaction with Woojin.

‘Curiosity be damned. My pride is at stake here, I’ve been careless to be in the same scene with such a guy… Wait a minute. My line. What was my next line?’

And now, writer Lee Wol-seon, scanning the entire reading hall, realized something.

‘Aha, that’s it. This atmosphere.’

She understood why writer Park Eun-mi insisted that Kang Woojin had to be included in the reading. Just now, the entire cast’s will had changed. Their postures and attitudes were corrected, their faces full of seriousness.

‘There’s no comparison.’

If they are compared to that minor character, effortlessly doing sign language as a rookie, they would be immediately placed on the chopping block.

‘He’s a true scene stealer, indeed.’

Writer Lee Wol-seon smiled as she watched Woojin.

‘The ability to assert presence in any role, in any project. That’s what a real top actor is.’

She softly asked the sign language expert sitting to her right.

“How do you find Woojin’s sign language? Please evaluate it purely from an expert’s perspective.”

“As I mentioned earlier, he’s impressive. There’s nothing to criticize. I don’t know much about acting, so when I first saw Woojin, his bland expression worried me – but once he started acting, he changed 180 degrees.”