Chapter 127 - Departure (1)

Start from the beginning

– Poke!

Kang Woojin pressed a black square attached to the first episode script of ‘Freezing Love.’ Soon, Woojin entered the endlessly dark void space. Only then did he let out a sigh mixed with relief.

“Phew – that’s better. Let’s rest here for a bit, the atmosphere in the reading session is too stifling.”

Stretching, Kang Woojin then decided to spend some time there. When he felt ready, he moved towards a series of white rectangles. The reading was close, and he planned to rehearse (‘experience’) just before it.

Naturally, he chose the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door.’

It was no ordinary role. It needed to be more vivid, so repeating the reading (experience) was an essential part of his preparation.

Soon.

– Swoosh.

[“’P: Mysterious Man Next Door’ Reading Preparation in progress······”]

With the familiar robotic female voice, Woojin was absorbed into the world of ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’.

Back to reality.

When Kang Woojin returned to the ‘Freezing Love’ script reading room, the scene was…

“······”

palpably tense. Woojin, despite his ability to open his mouth, found it difficult to articulate words. His brain sent the commands, but his body seemed to resist. Everything about the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ had imprinted itself in him, becoming a significant presence.

‘······It’s melancholic.’

Kang Woojin closed his eyes for a moment, processing the emotions flooding through his veins, understanding and reflecting on them. The world of the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ expanded within him. And then,

‘Sign language, I can see it clearly.’

His mind filled with sign language scenes. Although he was already proficient in it, the repeated readings (‘experiences’) deepened his understanding. Woojin also noticed something else.

His facial muscles had become incredibly flexible.

While his voice was suppressed, his sense of touch and smell had sharpened, and his body felt as light as a feather. No, not just light – it was fluid. It felt as though his entire body had transformed from a rigid solid to a malleable liquid.

This made sense, as the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ required frequent use of the body to communicate through sign language.

At that moment,

“Hello everyone-”

With the script reading approaching the starting time, the main and supporting actors started to appear. They greeted each other with professional smiles, maintaining a business-like demeanor.

But then.

“Wow- Woojin? Nice to meet you. Haha, I was really surprised by your recent work announcement with Director Kyotaro in Japan.”

They flocked towards Kang Woojin, who was seated near the entrance. Almost all the actors did so. Their eyes all seemed to be smiling. However, if one were to delve into their true feelings, a mix of emotions would be revealed: admiration, jealousy, envy, awe, curiosity, fascination, doubt, joy, and so on.

Among them.

‘That’s Kang Woojin… He certainly doesn’t seem like a typical rookie, but what’s so special about him?’