The Second First Date

If you have already read this chapter and just got the notification that I published it again then please read it again! Or at least scroll down to where you left off. I accidentally uploaded this chapter before it was completed so you may have missed stuff.

________________________________________________________________________________

Riley POV:

Today is the second day that Harper has been staying with me. I don't know if she's only staying here until my dad gets back or if she's staying for good. I hoped it was the latter.

She was up before me today and by the time I rolled out of bed and got downstairs she was already finishing up the french toast.

"Good morning beautiful." She said. I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when she leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek, instantly making me smile.

"Good morning to you too gorgeous." I replied before sitting down at the breakfast table. I watched Harper with a smile on my face as she place three pieces of french toast in each dish before walking over and placing my dish in front of me.

"Thank you." I said. She gave me a smile as she placed her dish on the table and sat across from me. "So are you going to today's spring league game?" I asked. I was kind of bummed that I was missing the rest of the spring season but I still wanted to go to the games and support my team.

"Oh no the game was postponed. The other team has half their roster out sick." Harper replied nonchalantly.

"Dang I was looking forward to watching the game." I said before stuffing my face with another bite of french toast.

"Yeah but I'm glad the game was moved. I have better plans for today anyways." Harper replied with a smirk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked curiously.

"You'll find out." Harper replied.

I shook my head with a smile before turning my attention back to my food. I couldn't wait for whatever Harper has planned for us today.

________________________________________________________________________________

Riley POV:

Harper left a little after lunchtime to 'prepare' for whatever our plans for today were. While she was gone I decided to work on my physics homework. I decided to listen to a Taylor Swift playlist while I worked. Ever since I heard that song in the car, I've started listening to more of her music.

As I was wrapping up my physics homework my phone buzzed with a text. I placed my homework back in my bag before flipping the phone over to see who it was. Of course, it was a text from Harper.

"Put on something warm and comfortable. I'll be back in 20." It read.

I excitedly jumped up from my desk chair and ran over to my closet. I chose a warm pair of sweatpants and a thick white hoodie. Over the hoodie, I wore a tan jean jacket but left it unbuttoned. With it I decided to wear my favorite ugg boots.

A couple minutes after I finished getting dressed, the doorbell rang. "Why is she ringing the bell? She knows the door is unlocked." I said to myself in confusion. I quickly jogged down the stairs and ran over to the front door.

When I opened it, my jaw dropped. Harper stood in front of me holding a bouquet of red roses in her hands. She was wearing grey sweatpants, a white hoodie, and a Scranton soccer jacket unzipped over the hoodie. She had the biggest smile spread across her face.

"You remembered that red roses are my favorite." I whispered. Her smile grew impossibly wider. "When it comes to you, I remember everything." She replied. She reached her arm out to hand me the roses and I happily took them.