Signing Day

Riley POV:

My alarm went off and I instantly shut it off. I was already awake because I hadn't slept all night. Today I would announce to the entire nation where I was going to college. The only issue with that is I don't even know the answer to that myself.

"Fuuuuuckkkkk." I groaned as I rubbed my hands over my eyes and sat up in bed. I walked downstairs, still in my pajamas and joined my dad at the breakfast table. He already had coffee ready and breakfast burritos.

"How you feeling kiddo?" he asked as I sat down across from him at the table. I took a sip of my coffee before holding the mug between both my hands. I stared down at it as I responded. "I feel like I'm going to puke." I stated quietly.

He chuckled quietly and shook his head before taking a sip of his own coffee. "I know it's a big decision but I know that whatever happens, you'll make the right choice." When he finished talking he turned his attention to his breakfast burrito and took a large bite.

"Thanks dad." I replied and he simply nodded, his mouth stuffed with food.

"Do you have any preference where I go next year?" I asked. He thought about his response as he chewed and swallowed his food. "You know I would love for you to be as close to home as possible, but I know that with your soccer abilities it's in your best interest to get out of here. Whether you're playing professional soccer after college or getting a career in engineering I know that you'll be successful. Trust your gut Riley and more importantly, trust your heart."

As he said that his eyes locked onto mine. I knew exactly what he meant by that. I simply nodded and turned my attention back to my food. We ate the rest of our breakfast in silence. I think my dad could tell that I needed time to myself to think because he gave me just that.

After breakfast I returned to my room. I picked out a nice sweater and a pair of jeans and put that off to the side. I grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I stood there under the steaming hot water with my head tilted back as the water dripped down my body. I took deep breaths and let all my thoughts leave my mind.

Today is the day that I've been dreaming about my entire life. Ever since I first kicked that soccer ball at three years old I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I said before that Harper was my first love but that was a lie. Soccer was my first love.

And soccer is just a game. No matter where my heart leads me to today I know that it will be the right choice because no matter what I get to keep doing what I love.

I guess I had been standing there for a while because the water started to run cold. I quickly hopped out and grabbed a towel before heading back to my bedroom. It was only 10am and the signing even wasn't until 1 so I decided to take a quick nap. I hadn't slept all night and there was no way I could go out in front of those cameras looking like a raccoon.

I may not know where I'm going to college but I sure as shit know that I'm going to look hot as fuck when I announce it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Harper POV:

I woke up this morning panicking. Today was signing day. I already knew that I was going to sign with UNC but that didn't ease my nerves about being in front of all those cameras and on the news. I wish I could ask Riley how she does it so calmly. I could really use the advice right now.

I quickly got out of bed and went downstairs for breakfast. Drew and his parents were setting the table. For breakfast they had made an array of waffles and pancakes. When Drew saw me coming down the stairs he gave me a smile and gestured for me to come sit at the table with him. I sat down next to him and his parents sat across from us.