Team Bonding

Harper POV:

Time is flying by and today is our last practice before the quarter finals. That wasn't the only thing on my mind though. This Friday is the day of our homecoming dance and I still haven't picked out a dress.

I know, I know, I'm slacking. I've just been struggling to find the perfect dress. I want to look beautiful for Riley, but I need to hurry up because she has to match her outfit to mine.

While I was sitting at the breakfast table, I felt someone wrap their arms around me from behind and rest their head on mine. I looked up to find Riley smiling at me and I smiled back before giving her a quick kiss. I took my phone out and took a quick picture of us before stuffing it back into my pocket and turning my attention to my girlfriend.

She sat down at the table next to me. She already had on her black athletic shorts and a thin Scranton soccer long sleeve shirt. Of course she had on her favorite black and green beanie with the pom pom to top it off.

"Ready for practice love?" she asked.

"Yeah lets go." I replied.

With that we both grabbed our soccer bags and walked out to my car. Riley's car was having some issues but instead of taking it to a mechanic she insisted on fixing it herself. So for now, her car sat in the garage and I would be driving us around.

We drove for a couple minutes before Riley spoke. "So are you going to take the offer UNC gave you?" she asked. I thought about it for a few minutes before replying. "I don't know. It's my dream school and my only D1 offer but I have a couple other things to consider." I said as she nodded. I think she could tell I didn't really want to explain further.

If you had asked me four months ago, before I met Riley I would've said yes in a heart beat. However, I wasn't so sure anymore. I love Riley and I don't want to be too far from her next year. What's making this even more difficult is she has offers all over the country and she hasn't hinted to anyone where she's going next year, not even to me.

"Do you know where your going to go?" I asked quietly. Do I even want to know?

I glanced over at her as I drove to see her staring out the window. You could see a thousand thoughts running through her head. "No clue." she replied. I don't know if that makes things better or worse.

"What's your dream school?" I asked.

Again, she took a couple moments before responding. "I don't know anymore." she whispered, almost as if she didn't want me to hear. The rest of the drive was silent. There was an uncomfortable conversation that needed to happen but neither of us were ready to touch on. It's like we were both scared of what could come out of that conversation.

________________________________________________________________________________

Harper POV:

Coach worked us hard during practice and I get why. If we don't win tomorrow our season is over. I was exhausted. I took a quick shower after practice and plopped right back into bed to take a nap before our team dinner later.

When I woke up it was around 4:00. Before getting dressed for the dinner I decided to go find Riley. I walked around the entire house and couldn't find her. My car was still here and hers needs work so I know she didn't leave the house.

I walked past the door to the garage and heard some mental clanging and instantly knew where she was. "Of course she's working on her car." I whispered to myself with a smile. I opened the garage door and stepped out into the cold, instinctively wrapping my arms around myself.

When she heard the garage door open she rolled out from under the car. When she saw it was me she gave me a smile before putting down her tools and sitting up.