Spill

Sorry this chapter is going to be a bit shorter than normal. This is kind of just a filler chapter. I'll update again soon.

________________________________________________________________________________

Harper POV:

I leaned my head back and sprayed a sip of water out of my water bottle. Practice today wasn't has hard as it was on Monday and Tuesday. Coach decided to give us a quick water break before we switched into a full field scrimmage.

Lexi walked over and bumped her shoulder with mine as I swallowed my water. "Wanna come over after practice today?" she asked. I mentally ran through my schedule. "Yeah. I'll go home and shower first before coming over." I said. "Sounds good." Lexi responded.

From across the field coach blew his whistle. I took one last swig of my water before tossing it down next to my bag and jogging over to the center circle to join the rest of the team. "Alright ladies. Stand in a line so I can split you up into two teams." Coach Lawson ordered. I could hardly contain my excitement as I found my spot in line. Scrimmaging is the best thing to do at soccer practice. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Coach walked up and down the line as he pointed as girls going "One" "Two". Once he had gone through the line completely he said "One's are on this half and two's are on that half." As I went to walk over to my team's side I walked past Riley. "Team two?" I asked her. A smirk formed on her beautiful face. "Nah team one. You guys are going down." she said cockily. "We'll see about that." I responded, matching her confidence.

The teams were very evenly matched. Thankfully, Riley and Lexi weren't on the same team. It would be nearly impossible to get past both of our starting center defenders. During one of the first plays of the game, Lexi made a big stop for our team. She passed the ball to our outside midfielder who ran it up the field. When she saw an opening, she slipped the ball over to me. I received the ball and ran towards Riley's other center defender. The poor girl was a substitute player. She hardly ever touched the field because neither Riley nor Lexi ever subbed off. I faked a run to the left before doing a swift pullback move and running towards the right. She wasn't prepared for my slick move and she stumbled as I ran past her.

Now it was just between me and the goalie. She stood there in a ready position but she was just slightly too far to the left. I wound back and slammed the ball towards the bottom right corner. Before the ball could make it a mere ten yards, Riley came sliding across the turf, redirecting my shot out of bounds.

She lay there on her back against the turf and let out a breathy laugh. I held out my hands to help her up and she took them without hesitation. "I can't even be mad, that was such a good block." I said. "That was a good shot too." she said with a smirk. I whacked her on the arm and she laughed again. Fuck, what was this girl doing to me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Harper POV:

I showered after practice and drove right over to Lexi's house. We sat on her bed talking and laughing for hours before she cleared her throat. "So... what's going on between you and Riley?"

A deep blush spread across my face as I quickly tried to hide it by burying my face in my hoodie. "N-n-nothing!" I stammered as Lexi laughed. "Bullshit." She stated. "You know, at first I thought you guys only made out at the party because of spin the bottle but then you two were practically cuddling at the boys soccer game. There is 100% something more than friends between you two."

I uncovered my face from my hoodie to see Lexi looking at me expectantly. "Yeah there is. At least for me." I sighed. Lexi squealed as she jumped on top of me and hugged me. In that moment I couldn't contain my laughter. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!" she yelled. "Calm yourself." I said still laughing. "It's not even anything official yet." I said.

Lexi got up off of me still smiling. "We'll I'm rooting for you two. You guys would be so cute together." she said. My smile broadened. "Thanks Lexi." After that conversation, we went back to talking and playing random games. My heart was filled with a happy feeling, and hope for what me and Riley could possible become.