Chapter 63

Happy Reading 📖

He don't know.
He don't know anything.
Nobody knows anything.

I have been chanting the same line like a mantra from the second I stepped out of the car and saw the name on the building. Seeing the Phillips Auction House board felt like my gut twisted.

With each passing second I spend here it's becoming hard to mask my emotions. This surprise is on the verge of becoming a nightmare for Me.
The worst one.

I was in touch with Ryan all along , he always kept me updated about the schedule , my turn and everything in case I decided to come. I was up to date about everything. And this time was no different.

I am tired of looking into Rudra's eyes and smiling like everything is fine. If we wouldn't have been here it wouldn't have been so bad to tell Rudra about everything but now I am here with him and he doesn't know a damn thing.

Papa and Mumma were very clear they wouldn't come until I myself go which I didn't want. But I knew Bhaisa would be here he never missed a single one till now. But what I didn't know was I would also be here.

I can't even look at Bhaisa in his eyes too , he is disappointed and he made it clear by his actions. He ignored me completely as soon as I shook my head in No. He told Me Rudra wouldn't take it well , hiding won't do any good. But I didn't listen to him. Tears brim in my eyes but I try to keep a hold on myself.

Now it's too late , it's not the right place to say something like that nor the right time. I didn't want to spoil our trip and kept on delaying it. Wanting one more beautiful day with him. This is what happens when you delay things on the next day.

But if I had told him the day we landed in New York I don't think our holiday would be anything like it happened. No, it wouldn't have anything like it is. And I know it.

I see Bhaisa walking towards Me , he comes and sits in Rudra's place. An old Italian couple is also sitting with us at the round table.

" Do you have any idea what have you done ? " He says gritting his teeth.

" It's not my fault , you know about the contract I can lose everything , the penalty, court case.... " I say but he held my hand stopping Me I didn't even realise I was shivering.

" When are you signing the new contract ? " He says not looking at Me. His smart watch beeped but he ignored it.

" It must have been delivered at home around New year. But this one is valid till today, until the auction. " I say taking a deep breathe.

" Stop shivering Shivanya. I don't want to tell you this now. But.. " He says his gaze piercing. " You made a grave mistake by getting it delivered at Jodhpur. That's not your fucking home. " He says rudely.

He has never cursed in front of Me. Ever.

" That family can't be trusted , even if I don't have any digital proof I know one of them is behind the last news on you both. Why don't you get it in your head. Making mistakes after mistakes. " He shakes his head opening his top button of his shirt harshly.