Chapter 57

Happy Reading 📖

No chance I am letting her go alone

No chance I am letting her go alone. So I walk behind them. Pushing the gate of the house next door which isn't locked. They both are standing near the rose bush in the garden , he looks at Me and smiles walking to the front door. The house has a passcode lock which isn't common in India but he doesn't bother to hide it from both of us as he enters it.

Shivanya leaves Pasha at the door who begins exploring the living room with minimal furniture, a television and a fire place. The newspaper, Dadosa's reading glasses along with other things made this place not just four walls but a place where someone lives. Instead of stopping here both of them head straight to the open kitchen ahead at the side with a partition.

My steps stop as I see the photo frames of a child crawling , in my father's arms , on a toy horse and a few more decorating the wall. The last thing I wanted to see was Rohan's face plastered all over the wall like I had seen in their house. Not wanting to see it for more than a few seconds I walk in the direction of the kitchen trying to suppress my anger. Here I don't even remember seeing my childhood photos let alone an album thanks to the grace of her so-called wife. And look at him.

" Do you want some coffee ? " He asks with a smile and a Mug in his hand which I refuse shamelessly with a scrowl before seeing Shivanya's disappointed face. We talked about repairing things between us yesterday no doubt She is disappointed seeing me behave like this.

He makes her a sandwich effortlessly chopping the veggies and everything in the kitchen , that too my favorite one. Serving with nutella cupcakes.

" It's delicious , please do share the recipe with Me. " Shivanya says to him gobbling up the sandwich. As soon as he turns around she literally shove the sandwich in my mouth.

" Mhmp..." I try to speak along with chewing the sandwich. No doubt She is munching on it because it's damn delicious. He looks at Me and serves one to me which I ate. Not because I was hungry but because I remembered the time when I used to sit at the kitchen counter and he used to feed me the sandwich, it was rare , very rare but still as a child I waited and pestered him for these. Even after so many years its the same.

" When did you buy this house ? " I ask finally taking a step. Baby steps as Shivanya said and this is the only thing I could come up with.

" It's almost a decade it was an empty plot of land so when the owners were shifting to Bangalore I bought it. " He says. " I kept it like that for a few years before building a house , the old one was too big for a single person to live. Though the construction took longer than I expected because I wasn't constantly present. " He says not wanting to miss any details.

" Where is Pasha he might be thirsty ? " He asks both I and Shivanya look at each other. Fuck ! We forget about him. I get up and look for him in the living room where I last saw him. " What a good pet owner I am ? " I mutter to myself. I see the door open , no doubt he must have gone outside because I didn't close the door.I see him in the garden covered in mud , jumping to catch a butterfly.