Chapter 12

Behke behke mere dinmehki mehki meri shaamkore aanchal pe sadamain to likhoon tera naamkya hai yeh kyun hai yehkya khabar haan magar jo bhi haibada acha lagta haitum se milna baatein karnabada acha lagta hai

mehki mehki meri shaam
kore aanchal pe sada
main to likhoon tera naam
kya hai yeh kyun hai yeh
kya khabar haan magar jo bhi hai
bada acha lagta hai
tum se milna baatein karna
bada acha lagta hai..

"No Mumma I don't want to go , can't I just stay home." I say pleading her. Bhua is calling Mumma and Dadisa perpetually inviting me for dinner or a meal. Even my Mumma knows that all she and her daughter want is hot gossip that I don't have.

"Shivi you should go out and talk to everyone it's not good to stay in this house and paint all day. It's good your mood will change if you talk to people. " She is arguing with me and this is the last thing I want .

I am done with four canvas pieces for the upcoming exhibition. Only a week left for me to complete the last piece, which is still yet to be started.

I am already fed up with the house interrogation and I am not going to meet aunties to be a topic of the gossip mill. Going for a walk in the morning, working on my art piece, reading novels before going to sleep and the occasional cooking are the only things that I have been doing in the past few days .

So, Not in the mood to make any changes in my routine.

But if I won't go she will keep on pestering me and I won't live to see the end of it . My Mumma is a social butterfly and is so good at talking to people unlike me . Only our faces match not our personality.

"Will you accompany me?" I asked hoping that if she came she would take care of the socializing part and spare Me from the trouble.

Why is she so good at being a perfect woman, ideal wife , and best mother. Both fierce women and a sweetheart.

Why I didn't inherit these traits of her?

She says without entertaining me in a No further discussion tone. "No I have other things to do it's just a dinner you can handle it alone."

"Cut me some slacks Mumma atleast tell Bhaisa to come with me." I say.

"You can ask him yourself." And I barge into his black and white room and start calling his name at the top of My lungs , maybe he left .

"What happened little lady." He says while walking towards me with Simba our cute Labrador in his hands that I quickly take in my arms. And his fingers flick me on my head.

I rubbed my forehead . While Simba licked my cheeks , as if he feels my pain.

"Do you know how much that hurts." To which he let out a boisterous laugh. "What are you doing hear ?"

"We are going to Bhua's house for dinner." He raised his eyebrows as if he didn't believe me "What! Mumma said that you will accompany me."

" Liar " He just says catching on my lies he knows me very well that most of the time work against me.