Secrets

Naye pov:

Naye pov:

"Okay, I think it's time to go now." Hongjoon approached the others while I stayed behind with Mingi and Yeosang on either side.

"Did you see anything?" Hongjoon asked Seongwha quietly and the elder shook his head, earning a disappointing sigh from Hongjoon.

"Okay whatever. Maybe it's better that way." Hongjoon mumbled but it was more to himself than any other of us.

I slightly frowned but didn't dare to ask what Seongwha was supposed to see. Hongjoon went to my side again and without another word we walked out. The party didn't even seem to be close to finishing but if Hongjoon wanted to leave then be it.

The cold night hair hit my face as soon as we stepped out of the building. The atmosphere was chilling but Hongjoons unusual tense behavior made me nervous.

I wished they would tell me what's going on. In the end they're doing this for me, they said they're protecting me but from what? I want to know. I think I deserve to know.

Taking in a shaky breath I finally found the courage to ask "What's going on? Who were you expecting?"

Hongjoon didn't spare me a glance as sighed "That's not of your concern. Don't worry about it." He managed to smile, trying to reassure me of his words.

"Then you could also let me leave-"

"No. You're in danger Naye-"

"But from what?!" I interrupted and stopped walking, making everyone stop as well "Don't I deserve to know?"

"It's better if you don't. We'll handle this, Naye. We're keeping you from this all as good as we can so you can live normally when this is over." Hongjoon spoke and I bit my lip in annoyance and anger.

"Now come." Hongjoon put his hand on my back and we walked to the cars.

I was quiet the whole car ride, consumed in my thoughts and feelings and of course Hongjoon noticed that.
I felt angry that even tho I'm involved too no one will tell me anything. And I felt sad that I couldn't live like I normally would.
I felt my heart tighten but no tears would fall from my eyes.

We soon arrived back at Ateez' mansion and Mingi reached his hand out to help me out of the car.
His neck craned as he leaned down to be closer to my face, getting a look at my expression.

"You look glum." He mumbled.

"No everything's fine." I told him but we both knew that not everything was fine. He knew that me being here was not fine for me but he also knew that that wasn't the reason I was in a bad mood at the moment.

"Are you coming?"

Hongjoon called out to us, looking at us with creased eyebrows because we lacked behind, occupatied with our conversation.