Chapter 118

Previously on Chapter 117

"It's a long story, Taiju... it's going to take a lot of time if we have to explain it to you. Plus, it was all just a little misunderstanding" I said. He finally stops shaking my husband as he turns to look at me. "Let's just be glad that we have made it this far" I said. He grins and nod his head. Senku turn to look at me. I scoot closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. He return my embrace as I hug him tight.

We did it... we won

-Forming An Alliance-

Y/N P.O.V

We have managed to get everyone out of their petrified state. The only one left is Ginro. Whom I heard was hurt by Ibara. That man... once all of these is over. I'm gonna make sure to teach him a lesson.

Ginro stands up as he runs towards Kohaku, wanting to hug her. But at the last seconds, I notice his face turning perverted. In which, Kohaku decided to punch him. I let out a nervous chuckle as I watch the scene unfolds.

Kohaku turns to look at Senku. She has a smile as she rush towards him, wrapping his arm around his torso. I just smile softly. I'm sure she's just expressing her thanks to my husband. After all, managed to survive thanks to him.

"Why Senku get all the love, huh?? I mean... come on! He already has Y/N!" Ginro whined, while stomping his foot. I turn my head to look at him. I roll my eyes and shakes my head. I glance at Kirisame, noticing her face slowly turns red as she tries to cover her face with her hands. Gen notices her reaction too and let out a laugh.

"Oh that's right, Kirisame-Chan... still convinced those two are legit sweethearts since the moment they kissed. But that's not the case, Kirisame-Chan... the real lover of Senku is Y/N. In fact, those two are married couple. And the baby in Y/N's arms is their son" Gen said.

Kohaku pulls away from Senku when she realize she's been hugging him for a little too long. She turn to look at me with an apologetic gaze. I walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"I'm glad you're alright, Kohaku" I said. She wraps her arms around me in return. I pull away a few seconds later and smiles brightly at her. I turn to look at Senku as he walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulls me closer. He smiles softly, so he leans down to place a soft kiss on the side of my head. I just smile at his loving gesture. I turn my head to look at Byakuya as he stares at me with his red eyes.

"I'm glad we're all okay... now we can focus on getting these innocent people free from their petrified states" I said, turning to look at Senku. He smiles as he tighten his arms around me, nodding his head in agreement.

***

One by one, we bring back the people from petrification. They're all thankful for us. Suika even starts sharing her mask so the kids that are nearsighted can experience having a clear view for the first time. Those kids look excited by it, making me smile warmly at their cuteness. It makes me even angrier knowing how a cunning man like Ibara have control over them. Even more reason for me to teach him a lesson once everything is over it.

Once I made sure everyone is okay, I decide to check on Senku. He would probably be at the mobile lab, so I'll be going there to check on him. I notice Chrome is heading there as well, as he's walking ahead of me.

I hear a scream from Chrome, making my eyes widen. I quickly pick up my pace, worrying that something had happened to my husband. But I have to remind myself to be careful since I'm carrying Byakuya.

"What happened?" I asked, once I enter the lab. I stare at Senku who looks like he had dried up. I let out a sigh as I realize he hasn't been keeping himself hydrated. "Oh, Senku..." I said. I walks off to grab something for Senku to drink, to rehydrate himself.

I sit next to Senku as he drinks some water. In an instant, he starts to look a lot better than earlier. "Please keep in mind to stay hydrated, you dummy" I said, speaking with a scolding tone. In which, Senku responds with a nervous laugh. I look around us, noticing a sand like texture covering the ground. "What on earth have you been up to anyway?" I asked.

He explain what he's trying to do. My eyes lit up as I feel excitement growing. It's been so long since I witness it. I can't wait for tonight. I'm sure these people are going to love it as well.

"Well then... can I help?" I said, excitedly. I want it to be done as soon as possible to make sure that I'd be able to witness it by tonight. Senku let out a soft chuckle at my obvious excitement. He smiles softly at me and nod his head. I let out a squeal as I take a seat next to him. I start to help him prepare what we need for tonight. Oh... I'm so excited!!

Time-skip

Everyone is now enjoying themselves, and helping themselves with the food Francois has prepared. She's truly a good cook. Everything she cooked looks so good. I'm glad we have her around, so we can enjoy various kinds of delicious foods.

The light went off. I smile happily, knowing that it's almost time for the show. Everyone else is panicking, clearly not knowing what's going on. I try to calm all of them down but none of them listens. The first shots shoot up in the sky. I turn my head to look at it as beautiful colors explodes in the sky.

"Fireworks... never thought I'd see it again" I said. I feel tears swelling up in my eyes. I turn my head to look at Byakuya who stares at the fireworks in awe. "That is called fireworks, honey. Beautiful, isn't it?" I said.

"F... Fiwolk!!" He gurgles. He let out a gleeful laugh as he claps his hands excitedly while watching the firework show in the dark night sky. I let out a soft laugh at my son's attempt to pronounce the word.

Senku turn to look at us and smiles softly. He walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I place my head on his as I listen to Gen, who's currently explaining what fireworks is and what occasion they're used for. A fond smile starts to form on my lips, silently watching the fireworks.

Fireworks that belonged in the modern days. Now can be watch here in the Stone Age. It's just like the things Senku always said. One step at a time... we'll bring back civilization.

*to be continued*