Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

After a while, I'm finally done. I lift it up to inspect it. I smirk to myself. It's all ready. Tsukasa won't have a chance against this. Although, I highly hope that I don't have to use it. But if he gives me a reason or shows a sign that he might hurt my friends. I'm not going to hold back. If it ever comes to that. Let's hope it doesn't.

-His True Color-

Y/N P.O.V

The next day, I'm sitting under the treehouse as I make more arrows. Taiju rushes towards us with a jar filled with miracle water.

Taiju is holding Yuzuriha's statue. "We're finally going to save you. For real this time!" He said. I smile softly, knowing my best-friend will be free from her petrification soon. I turn my head to look at Senku.

"This is just short of enough revival fluid for one person... so make a mad dash, big oaf" he said. I can see him glance at Tsukasa who's standing behind him. "Thanks! I'll be right back!" Taiju said. But before he could run any further, Tsukasa caught him.

"In that case, I'll go, since I'm the fastest..." he said. Then just like that, he disappeared. I blink my eyes, at how fast he is. I place my hand on my pouch. It doesn't matter... he can't win against this weapon if he turns out to be a traitor.

Senku yawns as he stretch his body. "Did Tsukasa leave?" He said, while yawning. "Yeah. In a blink of an eye" Taiju said. Senku quickly act as soon as Taiju confirms Tsukasa have left.

"Let's make the revival fluid and bring Yuzuriha back right away. While Tsukasa isn't here" he said. He swiftly mix the mixture and ingredients needed for the revival fluid.

"You just said there wasn't enough of the revival fluid!" Taiju said. I stand up and strap my quiver around my shoulder. I carry my bow and walk up to them.

"Do you really think I'd set out a pot that was the wrong size?" Senku said. "That's a good point!" He said. "I wanted to get rid of him before reviving Yuzuriha... even if it meant revealing where the cave was" he said, glancing over his shoulder at Taiju. Taiju clearly didn't understand what Senku talks about.

"Shishio Tsukasa is a good guy... and a murderer" I said. I remember what I saw the other day at the beach. Tsukasa destroys the statue of a man. That is the reason why I don't trust him and start making this weapon.

Flashback

I'm sitting next to Senku, helping him fan the fire every now and then to maintain the heat. I turn my head to see Tsukasa have his hand on a statue. My eyes widened in shock when he swung a punch at it, destroying it. The head of the statue rolled over to us, stopping right in front of us.

"Are you aware of what you're doing? You just killed a person..." Senku said. "Of course..." he said. He starts telling us about the corrupted people, and how things will go back to the way it was if we are to revive everyone.

End of Flashback

Taiju is holding the revival fluid on top of Yuzuriha's head. But he's taking it too slow. Senku rushes up to him. He tilts Taiju's hand, dumping all the content on Yuzuriha's head.

"Wah!!! You just dumped it all over her! Couldn't you be a little more, like... you know..." Taiju said. "There's no time, Taiju!" I said, as I stop by them. I turn to look at Yuzuriha.

"It takes time for the reaction to happen. This is kind of cyrostatis. The point is, if even one part of it gets nital on it and break down... it creates a cascade effect that travel across the entire body. And the petrification is undone" Senku said. Yuzuriha's statue starts to crack and her body falls. Taiju is quick to catch her.

"Yuzuriha!" I said, kneeling down next to her. She slowly opens her eyes. "Taiju-kun... Y/N-Chan..." she said. I stare at her with tears slowly gathers in my eyes. I'm so happy that she's still alive.

"I have no idea what's going on, I just woke up... you both saved me, didn't you?" She said. Oh how much I missed her voice. "It was all thanks to Senku..." I said. Taiju helps her sit up. I wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back.

"Welcome back, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said, tightening my arms around her. "It's good to be back" she said. I smile happily and close my eyes as I continue to hug her.

"We only have two options..." Senku suddenly said. I pull away from the hug and turns to look at him. "You three run away right now and live somewhere far away. Or we stay and fight..." he said. Taiju is the first the burst.

"The answer is obvious! We're going to fight by your side!" He said. Yuzuriha stands up and nods her head rapidly. "Yeah! I have no idea what's going on. But I'll help too!" She said. I stand up and give Senku a hard gaze. "Yes! There's no way I'm going to leave you with that killer!" I said.

"You guys don't get it do you. A chance of winning against him is 10 billion percent none. That guy is a murderer!" Senku said. I shake my head. "I'm not backing down!" I said.

"Calling it a murderer... is only a matter of view..." someone said. We turn our heads to see Tsukasa. He's not even hiding his dirty intention. This guy is bad news. Taiju instantly rush forward to attack him.

Senku quickly grabs something out of a barrel. It's a crossbow. I ready my arrow as well and shoots the same time as Senku. Tsukasa manage to catch both with ease and still manage to land a kick at Taiju.

"Taiju!" I said, in horror. But he manage to stay on his feet. Damn... my weapon isn't ready. There's still a missing ingredient. What should I do now?

Taiju and Tsukasa starts to have a conversation. Tsukasa threaten that he will kill both Yuzuriha and I. Taiju quickly stands in front of us to protect us from Tsukasa. But he ended up passing out.

"So that did hurt him..." Senku said. As I kneel down next to Taiju with Yuzuriha. "Let's not fight among ourselves. You protect Yuzuriha and Y/N. While I do my own things..." he said. I clench my hands into a tight fist. I should have tried harder in trying to look for the ingredients. Damn it!

*to be continued*