Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes. Then he pulls me into another embrace. I smile softly as I return his hug, hugging him tightly. I'm happy... so happy that Senku is still with me. He didn't choose another girl. He's still mine.

-Curing The Sick-

Y/N P.O.V

We head to the bridge, so Senku can feed Ruri the sulfa drug medicine. "It's too bad I can't enter the village. So I can't see her take it" Gen said. I turn to look at him.

"Well. Enjoy your time alone in the lab" Senku said. I just smile at Gen and turns around to follow Senku. Suika is also walking with us. She's holding my skirt since she can't see very clearly.

"Gen did lots and lots of works, too... I feel so bad for him" she said, looking up at me. I just gently pat her head. "It'll be fine..." I said, smiling softly at her. Gen have a surprise waiting for him inside the lab. I'm sure he'd be happy.

Everyone is gather at the arena. "Ruri, don't worry. That medicine is the powder of life, born from stone. It's the cure all of science! It'll knock out your illness for sure!" Chrome said, looking so happy. Of course he is, the girl he loves is going to get better.

Ruri walks forward and take a seat on a small pillow. Senku walks towards him, feeding the medicine to Ruri with leaf. "Now that I can meet my patient. It's time to make a diagnose..." Senku said. He take out a glass and sit down behind Ruri. He pressed the glass on her back, right where her lungs would be.

"Say, 'ee'!" He instructed. Everyone let out a gasps at the sight. I just laugh nervously. Of course, since we don't have stethoscope... that's the only way. I watch as he closes his eyes, focusing on the sound.

He turns his head and stares at something. I follow his gaze to see him looking at the dead bodies of rats. He stands up and walks towards it. He take the one that's still whole and grab it by the tail. What's he plan on doing with that??

***

"What are you doing with that, Senku?" I said. "Are we eating it?" Kohaku said. I stare at her in pure horror. Why would she thinks we're eating the rat. Even Gen is horrified with her question.

"I like how that's the first thing you said..." he said. I just let out a nervous laugh. I turn to look at Senku as he dissect the stomach. I gag at the sight and take a few steps back. Senku glance at me and let out a chuckle.

"You survived a month before we met. But you're still creeped out by this?" He said. I just shrugs my shoulders. "Well... that's a different case" I said. He raise an eyebrow at me. "How so?" He said. "I had to survive. Now hush and focus!" I said. He laughs and nods his head, turning his head to the dissected rat.

"Unfortunately, no. It's a good source of protein though. But I'm just performing an autopsy. So I know what's Ruri's illness is..." he said. I just let out a sigh. There's no way in hell... I'm going to eat a rat.

"This is bad!!! Ruri-nee is!" Suika said. I furrow my eyebrows as I turn to Senku with a worried gaze. He quickly gestures us to get going. We rush back to where Ruri is to see her coughing violently. I turn to look at Senku, who's kneeling on the ground.

The former chief, turns to Senku with an angry face. "This is all your fault! Senku... you bastard! Ruri's condition have gotten worse because of you!!" He said, grasping Senku's neck. I can feel anger grows inside me, but I force myself to stay still.

"Ruri's sickness is Pneumonia. A deadly disease that killed billions of life. But, the sulfa-drug kills that illness! We won!!" Senku said. I let out a sigh of relief. He moves to stand up. I turn to Ruri's and Kohaku's dad.

"That's how Pneumonia acts, sir. You get worse before you get better. Ruri is going to be fine. I can assure you that. We just have to keep giving Ruri the cure" I said, smiling softly. He let out a sigh and nod his head.

Time-skip

The spring water Kohaku bring everyday ended up protecting Ruri. The people who suffers from that illness have to keep their body clean and stay well hydrated. Senku and I take turns in feeding Ruri her medicine.

After a few weeks, Ruri is finally healthy. She can walk around freely. Her father looks so happy. Even Kohaku sheds tears. I just smile, as I watch the small family have their happy moment.

I turn to Senku. "You did it, Senku... your medicine works wonder" I said. He smiles softly at me and cups my cheeks. "We, Y/N... we did it. It was all for yours and everyone else's helps" he said. I smile at him and wrap my arms around his torso, feeling happy that we finally succeeded in saving Ruri's life.

Kokuyo walks one to Senku. He grabs Senku's hand. "I here by announce this young man, Senku. As the new chief of Ishigami Village!" He said. My eyes widened in shock. Did I hear that right?? Did he said this village is called Ishigami?? Senku's name.

Ruri walks over to us. "All these time I knew. Your name is Ishigami Senku" she said. just stare at her in shock. Senku is no different. Of course, it's going to be a real shock. We just woke up after 3,700 years, thinking all humans have turned into stone. Now we found out there's a village named after him.

Time-skip

We are now gathering inside the hut. Senku let out a laugh. "I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner. How some of you obviously have foreign blood... and how you know about a few things about me too. I must have came into that stories of yours at some point, right?" Senku said.

Ruri nods her head. "Yeah... you're in the stories we have passed down from generations to generations. The 100 Tales. The title of the story is "Ishigami Senku"" She said. My eyes widened as I stare at her in shock.

Now it finally makes perfect sense. The stories talked about Senku... because one of the founders is his father, Ishigami Byakuya. Not everyone is petrified on the day it happened. There are people who lived, which includes Senku's dad... and these people are their descendants.

*to be continued*