Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"It worked! You did it, Senku! You did it!!" I yelled out. I wrap my arms around Senku's neck out of happiness. He hugs me back tightly happily. We are one step closer in restoring the civilization. I'm sure we'll be able to rescue all the petrified human. I have faith in Senku.

-Shishio Tsukasa-

Y/N P.O.V

After a few more tries, we're finally ready to try on a petrified bird. "Let me teach you both. It's not that there are things that science can't explain... you look for the rule behind those things. Science is just the name for the steady pain in the ass effort that goes into doing it" Senku said. He slowly pours the revival fluid.

The stone eventually cracks, releasing the bird inside it. My eyes widened as I watch in amazement as the bird soars up in the sky. My gaze follows the bird as it flies further away.

"Wow..." I said. I turn to look at Senku as he sits down. "One year since I started experimenting. It didn't take as long as I thought. I'm going to beat fantasy with science. This is exhilarating..." he said, smirking slightly. I smile at the sight and turn my head away. I don't want him to see the fondness on my face. It'll instantly give away my feelings for him.

"So who are we going to revive first?" Taiju said. I turn to look at Senku. He's the one who manage to come up with the formula of the revival fluid. So I think it should be up to him.

"We're going to revive everyone anyway. So why does it matter about who we revive first?" He said. "Yeah... you're right about that. But wouldn't it be suck if we accidentally revive a murderer?" I asked. Senku turns to look at me.

"You got a point there. I don't feel like choosing who to revive first though. Taiju... it's up to you" he said, turning to look at Taiju. Taiju grins happily at what he said.

It looks like he already have someone in mind. My eyes have a glint of hope. Knowing Taiju... it'll be someone dear to him. In other words... Yuzuriha. My best-friend.

***

We make our way through the forest. At first they told me to stay back, but I insist on coming. I want to see how the petrification works on a person. Besides, it's Yuzuriha. I want to see her as soon as possible. I haven't seen her for over 3,700 years.

We eventually make it to the location. Taiju climbs the tree first with Senku following close behind him. He lift his hand which holds the revival fluid.

"Wait, Senku! Yuzuriha is naked!!" He yelled out. He turns to Senku, poking his eyes. My eyes widened at what he did. "Taiju!! What are you doing??" I yelled. I rush to Senku and kneels down next to him.

"We can't revive Yuzuriha like this!" Taiju said. I turn to look at him. "But you don't have to poke him in the eyes! You could ended blinding him!" I said. I turn to look at Senku.

"Are you okay, Senku?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. He rubs his eyes softly. "Yeah..." he said, nodding his head. I let out a sigh of relief and stands up. "Don't do that again!" I yelled.

Senku removes his hands from his eyes. There are tears in them. "Here we go again with your illogical nonsense. We're in the stone world and it's sort of an emergency. No one's gonna care if your butt's showing or if your dick is hanging out" Senku said. I let out a chuckle at his comment.

"Says the one who refuse Taiju's hug because he's butt naked..." I said, standing up. Senku turns to me with a straight face. I let out a soft sigh. "But yeah... waking up in a stone world naked would be cruel to Yuzuriha who knows nothing about our current condition" I said.

"We should head back to camp. Y/N can make an outfit for Yuzuriha so we can undo the petrification after" Taiju said. Senku let out a sigh, knowing he can't talk Taiju out of it. Taiju picks up Yuzuriha's petrified body.

I hear something coming from the forest. I take out my archery. I turn around to see a male lion and 4 lioness. Oh no... they move too fast. I will never be able to aim properly. Senku yelled out that we have to run. We turn around and runs off towards the camp.

"Why are there lions in Japan??" Taiju said. "What do you think?! They came from the zoo obviously!" I said, breathing heavily as I keep running. I'm so glad that I've fully recovered from my illness. Otherwise, I would have dragged them down.

"Even Y/N knows that, you big oaf!! This is the Stone World. Human are not on top of the food chain anymore!" Senku said. We keep running for our life. Taiju suddenly stops and throws Yuzuhira's body to Senku.

"Run! Take my cousin and Yuzuriha to safety!" He said. "No, Taiju!" I said. "Think it over logically! I'm the brains, Y/N's the hunter and you're the brawn! We can't lose either one" Senku said. Taiju finally agrees to keep running with us. He leads us towards a certain direction.

"I found him earlier. The stronger primate high-schooler. Shishio Tsukasa" Taiju said. I turn my head to a tree in front of us. There's a statue of a male. I don't know who he is. But Taiju seem to know what he's doing.

I load my arrow as I wait for them to get the guy un-petrified. "What's the situation?" He said. Senku calmly starts to tell him what's going on. The stone cracks and he gets out of the stone. He punches the male lion, sending it to a tree... effectively killing it.

The other lions knows they're no match against him, so they run away. I let out a sigh of relief and kneels down. My heart is beating rapidly from the rush of adrenaline. I'm so glad we can make it to safety.

I turn my head to look at Senku. He have a troubled expression. To be honest, I kind of feel weary about this Tsukasa guy. He's way too strong. Without a real weapon, he would be unstoppable. Which means, he can pose as a threat.

But he seem like a good person too. Maybe I should give him a chance. Let's just hope things won't go south... and that Tsukasa can be a trustworthy companion in this Stone Age.

My vision starts to blur from exhaustion. I fall to my side as my sight starts to grow blurry. "Y/N!" Senku yelled out. He rushes towards us. He kneels down next to me.

"Are you okay?" He said. "I'm okay... just exhausted" I said. He let out a sigh and move my head to lay on his lap. "I should have not let you come with us. You should have stayed at the treehouse..." he said. I just give him a small smile.

"I just want to help you and Taiju in every way I can. I don't want to be a burden..." I said. I blink slowly as my eyes flutters close. The last thing I remember is Senku saying something, then everything went dark.

*to be continued*