Chapter 60

Previously on Chapter 59

Nikki... you can call me Nikki. And all right. We have a deal. I'll cooperate with your plan! She said. I let out a sigh of relief and turns to Senku to give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me, returning the gestures. We have successfully made an ally!

-Memories Of The Past-

Y/N P.O.V

Nikki claimed that the accuracy of Gen's mimicking Lillian's voice is about 55%. But being a super fan, she knows exactly how she sounded. So, she'll be the one to teach Gen how to speak in Lillian's voice.

I'm currently taking a short break from the call. I don't know how Lillian is training Gen on his mimic skill. But knowing how much of a big fan she is of Lillian, I just know it's going to be harsh.

I walk back towards them, holding a tray with ramen cups in them. We have been in there for a while, I'm sure they haven't eaten anything yet. When I walk in, I can see Gen shaking in fear as Nikki keeps yelling at him. I let out a soft giggle as I make my way over to them.

"Nikki-San... let him have a break first, okay? You all have been at it for a while now" I said. I can hear her letting out a soft giggle. All right. But just because Y/N asked to... I'll talk to you guys tomorrow she said. Gen shoots me a look of gratefulness. I give him a close eyed smile.

Don't even think about relaxing! You better keep on practicing! I'm watching you! She said. Gen let out a sigh. "Okay, Nikki-Chan..." he said. Then the call ended. I let out a giggle at his expression.

"Alright, come on on, you two. Let's eat. You haven't been eaten anything, right?" I said. I hand one cup to each of them. I only brought three with me because the tray isn't that big. I can always go and grab some more if it's not enough. We start to eat in silence.

I swallow the ramen and turn to look at Gen. "So... how's the training session with Nikki-San going, Gen?" I asked, breaking the silence. He turns to look at me and let out an exasperated sigh.

I let out a laugh at his respond. "That bad?" I said, still giggling softly. "She was so harsh on me, Y/N-Chan!!" he whined. I shake my head and give his back a gentle pat.

"But I'm sure it's going to pay off. Now that she have trained you to sound exactly like Lillian. It will be a lot easier to trick everyone" I said. I turn my head to look at Senku, to see him shaking his head at what I said.

"Not everyone. Nikki warned us about a guy. It seem that according to her... this guy have an impeccable hearing..." he said. "Oh yeah? Who is he anyway?" I said, as I take another slurp of the noodle.

"His name is Ukyo..." he said. I spit out the noodle and starts to cough violently at the name. Senku panicked and start patting my back, trying to get anything that entered my lungs to get out.

"Are you okay?" Senku said. I just give him a thumbs up, letting him know I'm okay. Gen hands me a cup of water and I drink it. I let out a sigh of relief after I feel better.

"Why did you react that way?" Gen asked. I turn to look at him. "You said his name is Ukyo? Was it by any chance... Saionji Ukyo? A sonar-man?" I said. I can see a look of surprise in Gen's face.

"You know him?" He said. I let out a sigh and looks away from him. "I don't just 'know' him..." I said. "So?" He asked. I bit my lips, trying to figure out how to tell them without being awkward.

"Well... let's just say. We had a past" I said. I can see their eyes widening at what I said. "He's your ex?!" Gen said. "That's the best way to put it, huh? But yeah... he's my ex-boyfriend" I said, letting out a chuckle. They stare at me in shock.

"What?? Why are you staring at me like that? I get about Senku. But you must've dated someone before, have you Gen?" I said. He blinks his eyes and shakes his head. He let out a soft chuckle which makes me confused.

"So... that's how it is, huh?" He said, chuckling. I tilt my head. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I once had a small talk with Ukyo... since it's basically my job as a mentalist to handle their mental states. At some point during the talk, he mentioned about a girl but didn't say her name" he said. I just stay silent after he said that.

"He said... he regretted leaving a girl he once love. It seem that he left the girl without a word. He didn't talk much about the girl. But I know that girl is you, since you were his first love and he claimed that he never dated anyone aside from you... and from the way he talks about you. I can tell that he still loves you" he said. I just let out a sigh at what he said.

"I see..." I muttered softly. "Y/N-Chan?" He said. I turn to look at him. "He's your first love too, right?" He said. I just stare at him for a few seconds and shakes my head.

"Let's not talk about him anymore... it's in the past. And uhh... I think I need to take some fresh air" I said. I stand up and leave the place without another word.

Senku P.O.V

I just stare at Y/N's back as she walks away. Why did she react that way? Could it be that she's... still in love with that guy.

"Uhh. Senku-Chan..." Gen said. I turn to look at him. "What?" I said. "You okay? You seem troubled..." he said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"What do you think, mentalist? I just learned that my wife has a boyfriend and that I'm not her first love, and not only that! The guy who's supposedly to be her ex, and first love, is still in love with her. How do you expect me to react??" I said. He just stares at me.

"I probably shouldn't have said that" he said. I scoff at what he said. "Ya think?" I said. He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry... as a mentalist, it's my job to speak about the things that relates to emotions" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said.

"Besides, we can't really avoid that talk, you know? She has every right to know. As it is her past... and just to let you know, first love is the hardest one to forget..." he said. I nod my head at what he said. "And so I've heard..." I said. He just smiles at what I said.

"I'm sure she was deeply hurt when the two of them part ways... and that too, without a proper words. I know because I've experienced it before. So I must talk about it to Y/N, as it is necessary for both of them to have a turning point and have a clearance about what truly happened. Only then their hearts can truly let go of that past... but at some point, not. Their feelings could return and became stronger than before" he said. I can feel my heart aching at what he said. I let out a sigh at what he said.

"But why do you have have to talk about it in front of me? And why are you telling me these??" I asked. He let out a sigh at my questions.

"Isn't it obvious?? You're her husband, that's why. It's crucial for you to know what's happening in Y/N's life. As painful as it can be... you must know, so you will be able to understand your wife's mental state and psychology better" he said. I rub my face at what he said.

"Why are you so worried anyway? Did you doubt her love for you?" he said, raising an eyebrow at me. I just stay silent at his question. Do I doubt her love? Is that why I'm feeling so uneasy after finding out about these?

I let out a sigh and rub my nose. As much as I'm scared to lose her, I know he's right. Y/N need to have a clearance. Only then she'd be truly free from her past. Guess it can't be helped. I can only hope that she won't ended leaving me for that guy.

*to be continued*

A/N: what a sudden turn of event. Senku just learned that he's not Y/N's first love as she is his. What do you think will happen next? Will Y/N gained her old feelings back? Or will she stay true with Senku? Oooh~ I smell drama! Stay tune for more!