Chapter 99

Previously on Chapter 98

"Thank you, Y/N... thank you for completing my life with your presence and now our child" I said. They're truly my most valuable treasures. I yawn softly, feeling sleepy. I close my eyes, placing a gentle hand on top of Byakuya's belly. My breathing evened out as I drift off to sleep.

-Halfway There-

Y/N P.O.V

I have to stay in bed for a couple of days after giving birth to my son. Senku makes sure to come by every now and then in between his breaks on the ship projeft to come and check on my recovery progress. Each time I have to assure him that I'm gonna be okay. But he'd still act so worried about me.

I hold Byakuya in my arms, holding one of his hand as I feed him with my breastmilk. I hum softly as I watch him drink his milk. He opens his eyes to look at me. I smile softly at him, making the corner of his lips twitch a little as he continue to drink the milk from my breast. I let out a soft giggle at his cuteness.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to see Senku. He smiles softly as he claim his spot behind me, allowing me to rest my back against his chest. He wrap his arms around my waist, gently placing his chin on my shoulder so he can watch our son feeding. He wrap his arms around my waist, right under my arms that are holding our son.

"Thanks, Senku... I needed that" I said, appreciating his gesture for letting me lean on him. I lean my head back to place it on his shoulder. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I turn my head to look at him. He smiles softly at me. He starts to sway our body back and forth gently. I turn my head to look at our baby to see his eyes are getting droopy. I start to hum again to lure him to sleep.

"And... he's asleep" Senku said, in a hushed tone. I turn to look at him and smiles. He moves a little so I can lay Byakuya down on his little makeshift crib that Senku and Yuzuriha have made for him.

I flinch when I feel a pair of arms snaking around my waist. I bit my lips to stop myself from making a sound. I turn my head to see Senku. He places his chin on my shoulder as he let out a hushed chuckle.

"Sorry..." he whispered in a soft voice, making sure to not be too loud in worry that he might wake up our son. I let out a sigh at his habit. Senku always love to surprise me with back hugs. So I shouldn't be surprised if he'd do it every chances he gets. I slowly turn around in his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck. He gently leans his forehead against mine as I smile softly at him.

"How's the progress on the ship project?" I asked in a soft voice. I move my hands from his neck to his cheeks, cupping them softly. Our forehead is still touching. He closes his eyes as I caress his skin softly.

"We're halfway there. The ship already starting to take shape. The only problem is, Kaseki seems to have a little trouble making the forms. So we're gonna need to make something that'll help us scale up the pattern" he said. I hum softly at what he said. I nudge my nose against his as I smile encouragingly.

"I'm sure you'd figure something out, Senku... you always do" I said. He smiles softly at what I said. He leans down, capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. I smile into the kiss as I kisses him back.

"The sun has gone down. Do you want to sleep too?" He asked, after pulling away from me. I smile softly and nod my head. He gently guide me to our makeshift bed. He lay down on it.

He turn to look at me, gently patting the spot next to him. I lay down next to him, allowing him to pull me in his embrace. I snuggle closer to his side. I close my eyes, humming contently as he starts to play with my hair. He tighten his arms making me feel a sense of security. My breathing evened out as I let myself drift off to sleep.

***

Senku came up with a plan that'll help him scale up the patterns of the ship in order to make it larger. The tool he created is called a pantograph.

I let out a laugh when they try to draw Senku on the ground

I let out a laugh when they try to draw Senku on the ground. The expression is quite on point. Since Senku can make quite funny faces every now and then. Thanks to that tool, we can finally scale up the pattern to make it larger.

I turn my head to look at Byakuya as he sleeps in my arms while I sit on the wooden stump. He has red eyes like Senku, along with his nose. But he has my lips and hair color. He's the perfect copy of the two of us. He's just so cute.

He moves a little in his sleep and opens his eyes. I smile softly as I play with his little hand. "Hey, Byakuya... did you sleep well?" I asked, cooing softly. He let out a soft giggle.

"Wahhh!! Little Byakuya is awake! I wanna hold him!!!" Taiju yelled out. He rushes over to me, wanting to hold his nephew. But before he could get any closer, Senku appears in front of him to stop him.

"Don't hold him with your abnormally super strength, you big oaf! You're going to crush my son!" He said, as he place the sole of his shoe on Taiju's cheek who kept wailing. I let out a soft giggle at the sight of them.

"Oh come on!! I just wanna hold my nephew!! Let uncle Taiju hold little Byakuya!!" He whined. I slowly move to stand up as I walk over to them. I shake my head as my husband keeps trying to prevent his best friend from holding his son.

"Senku..." I said, giggling softly. He turn his head to look at me, still pressing his shoe on Taiju's cheek. "Let him, Senku. I'm sure he knows how to be gentle with a baby" I said. He looks reluctant, but finally gives in when he saw the look on my face.

"Remember... gently!" Senku said, in a warning tone. Taiju walks over to me. I allow him to grab Byakuya from my arms. He starts cooing softly as he holds my baby with so much care.

"See... I told you he'd know how to be gentle" I said, smiling softly at Senku. He turn to look at me and huffed. "Cheer up, honey. I'm sure you'd still be our son's favorite person" I said.

"Oh right, Senku! Y/N! Have you decide who's going to be Byakuya's Godparents?" Taiju said, catching both of our attention. At his mention, the others quickly gathers around us.

"What are Godparents?" Suika asked. I turn my head to look at her and starts to explain what Godparents are, along with their roles. "Well, then. Suika wants to be Byakuya's Godsister!" She said.

"Sure, Suika..." I said, gently rubbing her watermelon rind. She starts to act giddy as she looks excited. I turn my head to look at Senku. "How about you decide who will be our son's Godparents, Senku. After all, you are the father of our son. So I'm sure you'd know what's best for our baby" I said.

Senku let out a sigh and rub his neck, making me giggle softly at his reaction. He's clearly not fond with having to be the one to choose. But he knows he can't argue with my request. He turn his head to look at the others.

Everyone starts pointing at themselves, wanting to be the Godparents of our son. I let out a nervous laugh at their enthusiasm. What can we do now? Who's the right people to choose to be our son's Godparents?

*to be continued*