Chapter 79

Previously on Chapter 78

He smiles at me. I bit my lips and let out a soft sigh. I really hope I can walk again. We have to focus to restoring civilization. I'm just going to slow them down if I can't walk. Why does things like this keeps on happening to me? I really feel like I'm a bad luck magnet. Unfortunate things keeps happening to me.

-First Steps-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku patiently starts to do some therapy for my legs. He seem so determined to get me to walk again. He even dropped everything he's working on to give his whole focus on me.

Right now, Senku is currently taking me somewhere. "I made you parallel bars, it's going to help you train to walk" he said. I stare at the parallel bars in front of me.

"Wow

"Wow..." I said. He smiles softly and gently drape my arm around his shoulder. He guides me to the bars and help me hold onto it.

"Okay... now slowly, try to walk. Don't worry, I'll be sure to catch you. I'm not going to let you fall" he said, smiling reassuringly at me. I just smile softly at what he said. I know Senku would never let me fall, but hearing him actually said it make me feel more confident.

I take a deep breath and try to take a step forward. I can feel my legs shaking a little. But I manage to stay standing. I turn to look at Senku, he nods his head.

"You're doing great, Y/N... come on" he said. I nod my head and try to keep going. Senku waits on the other side. He wraps his arms around my waist as soon as I reach him.

"That's excellent! You think you can go again?" He said. I smile happily and nod my head. He helps me turn around and start guiding me again. I'm glad that I can still feel my legs, which means I'm not entirely paralyzed. There's still a chance that I can walk normally again.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to see Yuzuriha. She's holding a tray in her hands. I smile softly at her. Senku gently drape my arm around his shoulder. He guides me to the wheelchair and help me sit down.

"It's time for lunch... I came here to bring some food for you both. Neither of you showed up" she said, as she makes her way closer to us. She hands me a bowl of ramen and one to Senku.

"Thank you, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said. She smiles at me. I start to eat slowly, while still sitting on the chair. Senku sits on a rock next to me.

"How's your therapy going?" Yuzuriha asked. I turn to look at her and smiles. "It's going great! I'm able to walk... but slowly. I have faith that in no time, I'd be able to run again" I said, grinning happily. Senku smiles at me.

"Of course... I won't give up until you can" he said. I turn to look at him. "Thank you, Senku" I said, with a grateful smile. He place his bowl down and gently grab my hand.

"You don't have to thank me, Y/N. You're my wife. It's my job to look after you" he said. My heart feels warm after he said that. I open my arms, wanting a hug from him. He stands up from the rock and wrap his arms around me.

***

The therapy goes on for a few weeks. Each weeks passed by with a progress. Now I can walk better. But I still need the help of crutches to help me walk.

I slowly make my way through the land with the help of crutches. Senku is resuming his work. They need to find a captain for the cruise trip across the globe. They're currently making a small boat, because they need to cross the sea.

Right now it's break time. So I take it as a chance to have a one to one talk with Senku. So that's where I'm currently heading. I've asked Taiju who said Senku is standing by the cliff, saying he needs to think for a bit.

I slowly come to a stop once I stand next to Senku, who is standing by the cliff while staring into the distance, deep in thought... just like what Taiju had said. As if noticing my presence. He turns to look at me and smiles softly.

"I see you're starting to get the hang of it, Y/N... I'm happy to see you're back on your feet once again" he said. I turn to him and smiles. "And it's all thanks to you. Thank you for not giving up on me, Senku" I said. He smiles and gently place a soft kiss on the side of my head. 

"Why would I give up on you? I love you, Y/N..." he said. My eyes widened at what he said. It's been a while, since I heard those 3 words from Senku. I smile and wrap my arms around him.

"I love you too, Senku" I said, while burying my face into the crook of his neck. His arms went around my waist, hugging me back. I tighten my arms around him.

"What about Ukyo?" He asked, in a soft voice. I pull away from the hug and smiles at him. "Ukyo is my past... but you, you're my present and future. I want to be with you for the rest of my life" I said. His eyes soften at what I said. He leans his forehead against mine. I can see a glistening in his eyes. I watch as his tears slowly streams down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry... you must be in so much pain because of me, Senku. It's all because I got so caught up with my past. I know that you said you're okay... that you will support me whoever I choose. But I know... that deep down you're breaking. And I'm so... sorry for making you go through that" I said, my own tears slowly streams down my cheeks. He gently lift his hands and cups my cheeks.

"I just want you to be happy. Even if it's not with me. But you're right... I would be in pain if you decide I'm not the one for you..." he said. I wrap my arms around him, hugging his torso tightly. "I'm so sorry, Senku... I love you" I said, burying my face into the crook of his neck. He gently runs his hand through my hair.

"I love you too, Y/N... so much. You have no idea how much I missed this. How much I missed you and being able to express my love for you" he said. I snuggle closer into his embrace, tightening my arms around him.

I pull away slightly and smiles at him. He smiles back at me and cups the side of my cheek. "I love you..." he said. "I love you too" I said, placing my hand on top of his. He slowly leans in and gently placed his lips against mine, in a sweet... gentle kiss.

I close my eyes, kissing him softly. He tightens his arms around me, pulling me even closer... leaving no space between us. I tilt my head slightly, kissing him back passionately. Senku is the one I love, and I will love him... always.

*to be continued*