Chapter 75

Previously on Chapter 74

"You protected me, Nii-San. For years and years. So I'll protect you this time. Forever. I'll watch over you everyday. I'll make sure nothing breaks..." she said. I can feel my chest tightens. I can't imagine how I will react if that's what happen to Y/N. If I had to put her in a cold sleep, like I did to Tsukasa. I can't bear the thought of losing her. I hope she'll wake up soon. I need her.

-Please... Wake Up-

Senku P.O.V

I make my way to Y/N's cave. I move the curtain aside and notice Ruri changing Y/N's bandage, while Kohaku is cleaning her body with a wet towel. They notice me entering and turn to look at me.

"Hey, Senku..." Ruri said. I just nod my head. "How is she?" I asked. "Her breathing is steady... almost like she's only asleep..." Kohaku said. I nod my head. They smile at me and walks out of the cave. I turn to look at Y/N and let out a sigh.

I walk over to her and take a seat next to the bed. I gently slip my hand on her. I lift her hand and gently place a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"When are you going to wake up, Y/N? I miss your voice. I miss looking into your beautiful e/c eyes. I miss hearing your laughs... please wake up, Y/N. I can't do this without you" I said. Tears slowly start to stream down my cheeks.

I place my head on her hand, which starts to get wet because of my tears. I start to feel tired. So I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes. I realize the rocky structure surrounding me, letting me know that I'm inside some sort of a cave. I wince in pain as my abdomen starts to ache. I bit my lips, trying not to cry out in pain.

I can feel warmth on my right hand. I turn my head slightly to see a familiar gradient white-green hair. I instantly recognize it as Senku. I notice his cheeks are stained with dried tears.

I lift my free hand and gently place it on his head. I start to caress his head softly. I watch as his eyes starts to flutter a little, until he eventually opens them.

He looks around in confusion, until his ruby eyes landed on me. "Hey, Senku..." I said, smiling tiredly at him. His eyes widened slightly.

"Y-Y/N... y-you're awake!" He said. I lift my hand and gently place it on his cheek. "I am... I'm sorry. Did I make you worried?" I said. "Damn right you did! I was so scared, Y/N... I thought I'm going to lose you!" He said. I gently place my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him closer. He place his head on my chest, as he starts to cry. I gently caress his back, trying my best to comfort him.

The curtain moves aside, revealing Kohaku, Ruri, Chrome and Ukyo. Their eyes widened when they realize I'm awake. I give each one of them a weak smile.

Kohaku, Ruri and Chrome rush over to kneel down next to the bed. While Ukyo just stands by the cave's entrance. He just stares at me. His eyes are full of emotions.

"You're finally awake, Y/N" Chrome said. I turn to look at him and smiles. "Yeah..." I said. Ruri and Kohaku starts to cry. I just stare at them with an awkward gaze.

"D-Don't cry, Ruri... Kohaku. I'm alright..." I said. They wipe their tears and smiles at me. Senku finally pulls away from the hug. "Of course they're going to cry... you were "🤏🏼" close to death!! Just what were you thinking sacrificing yourself like that, huh?! You want to give us all a heart attack or something??" He said. I just stare at him with a bead of sweat rolling down my head.

"It's not going to be convincing if I told you, wouldn't it? Besides... you wouldn't allow me to do that if you knew" I said. He just scoffs at what I said. "Of course I wouldn't... I don't want you to get yourself hurt for my sake" he said, crossing his arms.

"So, tricking you into believing that I was betraying you was necessary. That's the only way for me to have a chance to land a hit on Hyoga..." I said. He rolls his eyes at what I said.

"What an illogical thing to do..." he said. I let out a laugh at what he said. "Ow... ow..." I said, wincing in pain as I place my hand on my wound. Senku's face turns panic as he place his hand on my head.

"Don't force it, idiot! You're still healing. Don't laugh too much" he said. I just smile at him. "Sorry" I said. He let out a sigh and holds my hand.

"You really scared me back there..." he said. I lift my free hand and gently place it against his cheek. "I'm okay, Senku... you can stop worrying now..." I said. He leans into my touch, placing his hand on top of mine.

"I feel like we're ghosting right now..." Chrome said, after a while. His comment is soon followed by a sound of a punch. I turn to look at Chrome to see him kneeling on the ground, holding his head while wailing in pain. Kohaku must have punched him.

"We should probably leave Senku and Y/N alone. Let them have a their moment" Ruri said. Chrome start to whine, saying he wants to have a chat with me. But Ruri and Kohaku just hooks their arms under his armpit, dragging him out.

Ukyo is still standing where he is. He stares at the two of us and turn to look at me. "I'm glad you're okay, Y/N... I'll take my leave now" he said. He turn around and was about to walk away.

"Wait, Ukyo..." Senku said, without turning to face him. Ukyo stops mid-ways and turn to look at him. "Yes?" He said. "You want to have a talk with Y/N, right?" Senku said, turning to look at him. He nods his head. Senku nods his head and turn to look at me.

"I'll leave you both alone..." he said. My eyes widen as I stare at Senku in shock. Isn't he the one who forbids Ukyo to talk to me? Why did he suddenly changes his mind?

Senku places a soft kiss on my forehead. "You both need to have a closure. So... I know I need to let you both talk..." he said. He smiles softly at me and stand up. He heads towards the cave's exit, patting Ukyo's shoulder on his way out. Now that Senku have left. It's just Ukyo and I.

Ukyo turns to look at me for a while. He take a deep breath and walks closer to me. He take a seat across from me, leaving a fair distance between us. I just lay on the bed, staring at him... while he keeps his head down.

Senku P.O.V

It pains me to let them be alone. But I don't have a choice. My relationship with Y/N have been pretty awkward ever since Ukyo came along. If I want our relationship to be okay... Y/N and Ukyo have to talk it out.

Gen makes his way over to me. "You let Ukyo-Chan talk to Y/N-Chan?" He said. I turn to look at him. "Yeah..." I said. "He's going to explain his reason to her, huh?" He said. I nod my head.

"Once Ukyo-Chan explain himself to Y/N-Chan... and she forgives him... there's no telling what will happen next. What will you do if Y/N-Chan realizes she's still in love with Ukyo-Chan? What are you going to do if Y/N-Chan chooses Ukyo-Chan instead of you?" He said. I can feel my heart clenching painfully at the thought alone. I look away from him, letting out a soft sigh.

"If... after they have a talk. If Y/N realizes she still loves Ukyo. Then I'll do what I have to do..." I said. I turn to look at him as he waits for me to say it. I give him a pained smile, as I try to fight the tears in my eyes.

I'll let her go...

*to be continued*