Chapter 74

Previously on Chapter 73

"Please, Y/N... don't die. Don't leave me. I can't live without you..." I pleaded. Y/N smiles weakly at me. She start to close her eyes. "Please..." I pleaded. Her eyes eventually drifted close. Don't leave me, Y/N...

-You'll Be Alright-

Senku P.O.V

Y/N finally stops bleeding. But she lost too much blood. Now she lost her consciousness. I place my hand on her neck, to check her pulse.

"Her pulse is still there. But it's weak and faint. We have to hurry up and perform a blood transfusion... or she won't make it" I said. I instruct the others on how to make a stretchers, for both Y/N and Tsukasa.

Once it's done. We move Y/N's body and quickly make our way to the camp, Kohaku and Ukyo are the ones carrying the stretcher for Y/N. While Kinro and Ginro carry Tsukasa's. We have to hurry. Y/N's and Tsukasa's life are on the line.

***

We reach the camp and quickly take Y/N to the tent. I'm pressured, I don't know to handle first. Tsukasa too is on verge of death. But I can't lose Y/N.

"Go and treat your wife first... I'm still conscious. But your wife isn't. She's at more stake than me" Tsukasa said. I just nod my head and start working on Y/N's wound.

I have to sew her wound, to ensure that it won't start to bleed again. But we have no anesthesia. "Just do it, Senku! Or she won't make it!" Ukyo said. I turn to him and glare.

"You think I don't know that?? We have no time to create an anesthetic!" I said. He grabs my collar. "But we don't have a choice, Senku! Do it or she'll die!" He said. The others agrees to Ukyo. I really don't have a choice. I'm going to have to sew her wound.

"Hold onto her and keep her still... do not let go even if she suddenly starts trashing" I said. Kohaku is the first to act. She hold her legs down, while Chrome holds her shoulders. I bit my lips as I start to sew her wound.

Her body suddenly starts to jerk. "Hold her down!" I said. I force myself to hold back the tears. I can't cry now, or I won't be able to focus.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. But I have to sew your wound" I said, as I keep on going. She keeps on screaming in pain as I work on her wound. Ukyo place a cloth on her mouth, so she won't bite her tongue.

Her body went limp as she loses her consciousness again. "What happened?! Why isn't she moving!" Ukyo said, as I finally finished sewing her wound.

"She just lose her consciousness! She's fine! She will be alright" I said, as I bandage her wound. I clean Y/N's blood from my hand and wipe it. I let out a sigh of relief, the worse part is over. Now we just have to keep an eye of her progress.

"I'll keep an eye on her, Senku... you should tend to Tsukasa now" Ruri said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. I don't argue with her, knowing that I'm the only one who have the knowledge.

"I'll leave her to you... let me know if something happen, okay?" I said. She nods her head. I turn to look at Y/N and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I lean my forehead against hers.

"You'll be alright, Y/N... you're going to be fine" I said, in a soft voice. I pull away and stand up. I make my way towards the cave where Tsukasa is. Tsukasa may be a strong man. But with that kind of wound. He won't last long.

I made a superglue that will seal his wound. But I can't restore his lungs, which is the main problem right now. I'm sitting next to Tsukasa.

"There's only one way to save you... Tsukasa, we're going to petrify you..." I said. But first, I have to make sure the wound on his chest and back won't start bleeding again. So I need to perform a quick surgery.

A While Later

The surgery went by with a success. But I know we are running out of time. "It's my own body. I know better than anyone what's going on. The surgery is to buy time. I'm going to die from sepsis within a few days" he said.

"Yeah. The only way to save you will be to petrify you..." I said. Gen looks at me in confusion. "Petrify him to safe him? Do you actually know how to petrify him?" He said. I turn to look at him. "Relax. What are you, an overly excited kid? But we don't know how many years it'll take. There's ten billion percent chance you'll be dead by then..." I said. As I turn to look at Tsukasa. By his eyes, I know that he's aware about that.

"So, before that happens, Tsukasa. I'm going to kill you with my own hands..." I said. My heart aches at the thought that I have to kill him. But we don't have much of a choice.

"What are you talking about?" Gen said. "I'm going to freeze him to death. It's literally cold sleep. In the meantime, we'll find a way to petrify him. I'm going to bring you back, no matter what. That's the only way... have faith in me... and die" I said. He smiles weakly.

"Of course... in fact, if I have to die.. I'd like it to be in your hands. After all, Senku, I've killed you once before" he said. I force out a laugh at what he said. "Oh yeah, you're totally right. That's perfect. It'll be my revenge. So go ahead and die" I said.

Time-skip

I'm instructing everyone on what they need to do. Grandpa Kaseki is currently disassembling the steam gorilla, while Suika dan Chrome is taking apart the cell phone.

"Seriously, primitives?" Yo said. He joined us a while back, saying he wants to redeem himself. Of course, I give him a chance. If I don't, Y/N would be upset. My eyes saddened at the thought of Y/N. She still hasn't woken up. But she's in a stable condition. The girls took turns in looking after her.

Nikki nudges his rib. "Shut up. We're the primitives at this point" she said. Ukyo is standing next to her. "Amazing... what are you guys making?" He asked. I turn to gave them.

"Oh... a refrigerator" I said, with a smile. Their eyes widened. "A refrigerator?!" They yelled together. "Well, more like a freezer" I said, grabbing the parts I need to build it.

"In this stone world?" Ukyo said. "Yeah, that's how modern people react. That's what I said at first, too. All I can do now is laugh" Gen said. He starts to let out a hysterical laugh.

I just take the part to the cave where Tsukasa is

I just take the part to the cave where Tsukasa is. Everyone else left the two of us alone as I start to converse with him, easing his way to his cold sleep.

At the last moment, I start to talk about Mario and how he ate a poisonous mushroom to make himself think he's huge. I know at this point, Tsukasa isn't responding to me.

"Right? Am I right? Right, Tsukasa..." I said, my voice cracks a little as I cover my face. If only Y/N is here with me. She would have known how to comfort me. But she's been bedridden for days and haven't woken up.

I place Tsukasa's body inside the freezer. Mirai walks in and place a seashells necklace in his hand. I close the freezer. Mirai starts to cry as leans her body on the freezer.

"You protected me, Nii-San. For years and years. So I'll protect you this time. Forever. I'll watch over you everyday. I'll make sure nothing breaks..." she said. I can feel my chest tightens. I can't imagine how I will react if that's what happen to Y/N. If I had to put her in a cold sleep, like I did to Tsukasa. I can't bear the thought of losing her. I hope she'll wake up soon. I need her.

*to be continued*