Chapter 92

Previously on Chapter 91

He turn around to face me and cup my cheek. "See, Y/N? You're more of a help than you think you are. Don't ever see yourself as a burden. Alright?" He said. I just smile at what he said and nod my head. I'm so happy that I can be of help. Senku place a soft kiss on my forehead, making me close my eyes. I'm so happy, we've found the source! Finally!!

-Exploring The Ocean-

Y/N P.O.V

Everyone works on gathering the oil. We still need to process it before being able to use it as gasoline. I gently push the wheelbarrow that Grandpa Kaseki have made not too long ago. Senku asked him to make it because he didn't want me to put too much strength. He's afraid that I might get hurt.

How am I gonna get hurt? The wound on my lower abdomen have fully healed. As well as the wound on my back. But Senku still kept on being paranoid about it. I can't complain about it though. I understand his worry. I almost died that day after the fight with Hyoga. At least, he allows me to help out in some ways.

It's currently night time. I carry a tray filled with a bowl of ramen for Senku. He have something to do. He tend to forget meal times when he gets too focus on his works, so I want to make sure he eats his dinner.

"Senku..." I said, as he sits on the ground. His hands is writing something down. He's probably designing a new plan. I place the tray a little further from where he is, not wanting to accidentally knocked it over on the work he's working on. Since he probably have spent hours doing it.

I take a seat next to him. I realize he's designing a boat. I turn to look at Senku who looks excited at the new project we're going to work on. He's truly like a little child when he's doing what he loves.

"Senku..." I said, softly. He stops scribbling down and turn to look at me. I smile softly at him. "It's time for dinner. I brought ramen for you. Take a break and eat, okay?" I said.

"Just a little longer, okay?" He said. I pout at him, making him sighs softly. A smile form on his lips as he turn to me and gently peck my lips. "Alright, alright. Let's eat..." he said, making a soft smile appear on my face. I gently grab his hand, pulling him towards where I place the tray.

We start to eat in silence. The ramen still tastes a little bitter because we still haven't managed to find the right ingredients. But at this time of age. It's still the best food we can have. Sure, we have Francois now and she can cook all kinds of things. But we'd eat ramen every now and then to remind ourselves of all the hard works.

After eating, Senku quickly went back to designing the boat. I decide to keep him company. I yawn softly as I move to lay down. I watch him for a while as my eyes slowly drifted shut. My breathing evened out as I slowly drift off to sleep.

Senku P.O.V

I turn my head when I hear a light snore to see Y/N have fallen asleep. I smile softly at the sight. I stand up and walks over to grab a rolled up sleeping bag. I slowly laid it out, making sure to not make too much rustling sounds because I don't want to wake her up.

I gently scoop her up in my arms and walk towards the sleeping back. I place her down, gently pulling the blanket to cover her body to protect her from the cold. I run my hand through her hair with a soft smile on my face. I lean down and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I turn around to go back to work, when a hand gently grab the back of my shirt. I turn my head to see Y/N staring at me sleepily.

"Get some rest, Senku. You can continue your work tomorrow..." I said. She pout at me as she gives me a doe gaze. "Please? I need your cuddles..." she said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. She smiles brightly at me as I climb inside the sleeping back.

She snuggled closer to me, wrapping her arms around my torso and her head rested against my chest. "I love you, Senku..." she said. Her words warms my heart as a smile appears on my face.

"I love you too, love..." I said, placing a soft kiss on the side of her head. She snuggles closer to me. I tighten my arms around her. I blink my eyes slowly as I start to feel sleepy. I slowly starts to drift off to sleep, holding the most important thing in this world... my precious wife.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I stand on the land. In front of me stood Senku who works on assembling a machine for a boat. He starts to pour the oil we have acquired. I smile softly at how excited my husband looks. I turn my head to look forward. I can't believe we'd be exploring the ocean soon.

I hear Taiju making a comment that the oil smells just like the love potion Senku offered him when he was about to confess his love to Yuzuriha. I feel a sweat running down the side of my head at my cousin's comment. But mostly I remember what day that was. It was the day the modern days of this earth comes to an end as everyone got turned into stones.

Despite that memory, I'm kind of impressed that Taiju remembers that day. Even Senku also seemed impressed by him. I'm still a little mad at him though.

"As much as I'm impressed that you still remembered, Taiju... I'm still mad at Senku for what he did that day" I said. Senku turn his head to look at me as I crossed my arms across my chest. "If by chance, Taiju actually drinks that. He would have died..." I said, glaring at Senku who just laughs at what I said.

"Well... we both know he wouldn't" he said. I just roll my eyes at what he said. He let out a chuckle as he gently pull on my cheek. I let out a yelp at his action and swat his hand away from my cheek. I pout at him while rubbing my cheek because it stings a little.

"Was pinching my cheek really necessary?" I asked. He let out a chuckle. He gently remove my hand that's on my sore cheek and gently place a soft kiss. I feel my cheeks getting warm at his action. He really doesn't care about the fact that there are others around us.

"Anyway... the boat is ready. Come, Y/N... you first" he said. He gently help me get on the boat. He gets on after me, followed by Ryuusui, Gen and Chrome. The boat suddenly speed off as Ukyo struggles to keep up as he runs. Senku grabs his hand and helps him get on the boat. I let out a sigh of relief when he managed to get on.

I wrap my arms around Senku's arm, afraid that I might fall off the boat. He let out a chuckle and place his free hand on top of mine. I turn to look at him. He sends me a comforting smile.

"It's going to be alright. I won't let anything happen to you, Y/N" he said. I just smile softly at him. I turn my head to look forward as I enjoy the feeling of the breeze. It's been so long since I felt this kind of air. I kind of miss this feeling.

Senku have created a radar that connects us to the land where everyone else's are. The boat slows a little as we suddenly picked up a sound. I turn my head to look at Ukyo. His eyes are wide as he listens carefully to the sound.

Gen stays silent as he tries to listen carefully. "W... H... Y?" He said. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion at what he said. Why? The signals said why? But what does that suppose to mean? And most importantly...

Who is that?

*to be continued*