Chapter 31

Previously on Chapter 30

Now it finally makes perfect sense. The stories talked about Senku... because one of the founders is his father, Ishigami Byakuya. Not everyone is petrified on the day it happened. There are people who lived, which includes Senku's dad... and these people are their descendants.

-Intruders-

Y/N P.O.V

After Senku is declared the village's new chief. We have an all night party. Everyone is drinking alcohol. I'm not a big fan of it, so I just sit down and eat the food available.

I just eat in silence. My mind keep going back to Senku. I'm worried about him. I close my eyes as I recall what happened a while ago.

Ruri led us away to what seem to be the village's cemetery. Where the founder of the village is buried after they passed away. When we return, Senku said he needs time for himself after we came back from our little visit to the village's cemetery.

I know how upset he is... and as much as I want to be there for him, I know better than to force him to let me stay. He needed time to think for himself too. So just leave him be for now.

A sound of protest snaps me out of my thought. I open my eyes. I turn my head and notice the villager asking Gen to come and enjoy the party. I let out a giggle as he attempt to hold the pole, refusing to enter the village. I walk up to him and grab his arm.

"Come on, Gen... it's okay. You're on our side..." I said, dragging him with me. He let out a sigh and follows along. I make him sit down next to me and continue to eat the food.

"Say, Y/N..." Kohaku said. I turn my head to look at her. "Yeah?" I said. "That technique you use on Argo. What was it?" She said. I hum softly at her question.

"Oh... it's chi blocking. You hit a certain pressure points on the body, as a result you won't be able to move..." I said. She stares at me with an impressed look.

"That's awesome! Can you teach me?" She said, looking at me with a hopeful gaze. I just stare at her in surprise. "Ah... well. I... it's um" I said, stuttering a little.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn around to see Senku walking towards us. "Let's hear it... what's going on in Tsukasa's empire?" He said, staring at Gen. Gen turn to him with a malice smirk.

"They're coming. Tsukasa's empire are coming here" he said. My eyes widened in horror at what he said. I turn to look at Senku with a worried gaze.

"Tsukasa-Chan isn't the only one who's bad news, though. If he or Tsukasa-Chan were to show up, frankly, you'd all have to run. That man who was revived the other day is Hyoga-Chan" Gen said. I furrow my eyebrow at the name, Hyoga. It sounded familiar. But where have I heard it?

"I told them I'd go in as a spy and lead the way, and left first. But I could only buy so much time-" Gen said. But he gets cut off by a terrified Ginro.

"Guys! Bad news! The enemy is here!!!" Ginro screams out. I turn my head to see him running towards us. His face and voice is showing pure terror. We stand up and run towards the bridge.

"This is seriously bad! The guy Kinro-Chan's fighting is Hyoga!" Gen yelled out. I let out a gasp as we keep running. I watch as Hyoga stab Kinro with his spear. Kinro falls from the bridge, but manage to grab onto Hyoga's ankle.

Kohaku runs forward to help. "Don't be crazy! It's too dangerous to fight against a spear on a bridge!" Kokuyo said. Kinro screams at Ginro to cut down the bridge.

Ginro walks over to the rope and start to cut it. But he stops before he could cut through it. "I can't do it... how could I? Kinro would die if I did that! I can't do it, brother!!" he said, crying softly. I clench my hands into tight fists. Guess I don't have a choice.

I run towards the bridge. I quickly reach inside my pouch, grabbing some of my needles. I jump and throw the needles at Hyoga. A few needles manage to hit him on the shoulder, stopping him just as he was about to attack Kinro.

He turns to look at me. I reach down where I've hid a pair of stone daggers, as I land on the bridge a few feet away from him. I take a battle stance.

Hyoga stares at me in amusement

Hyoga stares at me in amusement. He take out the senbon needle from his shoulder and stare at it. The needles haven't been covered with paralyzing poison. So unfortunately, he's still able to move.

"Leave him be and fight me!" I said. Hyoga leaves Kinro and turns to face me. He runs towards me. I run towards him and jumps. He lift his arm, which is holding his spear. It starts spinning around, which makes it impossible for me to see the blade.

I spin my body around, effectively blocking his attack. I land behind him and start to attack. He manage to block each attack. He swings his spear and manage to cut my cheek. I feel my blood drip down my cheek.

I manage to move Hyoga away from Kinro and the others. His with his back facing them. The others runs towards the bridge and quickly pulls Kinro up. Hyoga tries to stop them. I runs forward and jumps over his head, landing in front of my friends with my body facing Hyoga.

"I know that moves anywhere... now I know why you seem so familiar, Y/N-San" he said, even though he is wearing a mask. I know that he's smirking. I just glare angrily at him. He let out a laugh.

"L/N Y/N... also known as The Dancing Maiden" he said. I grit my teeth at what he said. "The..." Kohaku said. "Dancing..." Ginro said. "Maiden?" Chrome finished. I just keep my battle stance as I focus on Hyoga.

"Oh don't let the name fool you. She's deadlier than you think. Isn't that right, Y/N-San? Japan's number one assassin" Hyoga said. I can hear my friends gasping in shock.

"It's a shame that Senku-Kun is the one who found you first. We would love to have you in our Empire" he said. I let out a sigh. I drop my battle stance and stand straight. I let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, I'm surprised that you knew about me" I said, staring at him with a deadly gaze while smirking. "Oh I know about you more than you think... so... care to join us, Y/N-San? Together we can build the strongest Empire" He said. I scoff at what he said.

"I'm flattered... but also not..." I said, crunching up my face in disgust. I shake my head. "I don't have even a millimeter interest in joining your Empire. I have abandoned that life a long long LONG time ago. Even far before the petrification happened. I'm sorry to disappoint you, sir. But I'm an assassin no more. I just want to live a peaceful life, and I'll achieve that by joining the Kingdom of Science" I said. I can see annoyance flashing in Hyoga's eyes at my answer. I ignore that stare and point one of my dagger at him.

"And I... L/N Y/N, vow to protect this village with my life. And if you know me, you'd know that I never lose. So leave now or I won't hesitate to kill you. One more kill to protect the ones I love, I'll gladly do it!" I said. I'm going to protect Senku and the others. Even if I have to put my life on the line.

*to be continued*