Chapter 78

Previously on Chapter 77

Even though he said that he'd accept whatever I do... I can tell that his heart is hurting, and it was all because of me. It makes me feel like I'm the worst person in the world.

-First Day Out-

Y/N P.O.V

As always, I'm just laying on the bed. I let out a sigh, because I'm feeling so bored. I close my eyes and start to hum a soft song.

"Y/N..." someone said, making me jump. I open my eyes and turn to see Senku. "You scared me" I said, placing my hand on my chest. He let out a chuckle and walks over to me.

"Sorry... how are you feeling?" He asked. I just smile at him. "I'm fine. If you don't count being bored to death" I said. He let out a chuckle. "Chrome... come and bring it in" he said. The curtain moves aside to reveal the said boy.

"I made you a wheelchair. Since you won't be able to walk for a while with your injuries..." he said. My eyes lit up at the sight of the wheelchair. "I can finally get out of this cave!" I said, grinning happily. He smiles softly at me and nods his head.

"Yeah... your stitches have dried off, and your back seem fine. But it's best if you don't walk too much yet" he said. I clap my hand happily, acting like a kid being taken to a sweet shop. Senku laughs at my excitement.

"Can we get out of here now?" I said, looking at him with a puppy eye. He nods his head. "Sure... let me help you get on the wheelchair" he said. I smile and nod my head. I try to move my legs.

"Senku..." I said, turning to look at him. "Yeah?" He said. "I can't... I can't move my legs..." I said. His eyes widened at what I said. "W-What?" He said. "I can't move my legs, Senku! I can't move them!" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

He sits on the bed and wraps his arms around me. "Hey hey hey. It's okay, Y/N. You just got injured... it's normal. We'll slowly work on getting your legs to move again, okay? It's okay..." he said. I clutch onto his shirt tightly, as I sob onto his shoulder. He runs his hand through my hair, gently whispering sweet words into my ears.

I soon get tired from crying and close my eyes. I let myself drift off to sleep, while Senku keeps holding me in his arms to comfort me.

***

When I wake up, Senku is still holding me in his arms. He's also asleep. My hand clutching the front of his shirt. That must be why he didn't move at all.

I stare at his face, as he sleeps. He have bags under his eyes. He must have been working hard. I wonder what he's been doing these past few weeks I've been bedridden.

I gently lift my hand and move his bang away from his face. He looks so peaceful. I place my hand on his cheek and gently caress his skin. Even after what've been happening between us. He still cares so much for me.

He moves a little and slowly open his eyes. He smile at me once he notice I'm awake. "Y/N... are you feeling better?" He asked. I just nod my head. He nods his head and gently pulls me close, letting my head resting against his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso.

"I promise I'm going to find a way to help you walk again, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. My eyes soften at what he said. There are cases where guys left their girlfriend when the girls became disabled. But Senku still stay and he even promised to find a solution for my state.

"Now... let's get you out of this cave. You could use some fresh air" he said. I just nod my head. He move to stand up and gently scoops me up in his arms. He walks towards the wheelchair. He gently place me there. He went up behind me and start to push me forward. He start to walk out of the cave.

I have to cover my eyes slightly when we step out of the cave, the sun is so bright. "It's so bright..." I said, struggling to adjust to the sunlight. "Of course. You have been in the cave for weeks... don't worry, you'll adjust soon enough" he said. I just nod my head and blinks my eyes a few times.

I take a look around and notice everyone making something. "What are you making?" I said. "We'll be making a cruise ship..." he said. "Really?" I said. He nods his head.

"We have to cross the ocean to the other side of the world. We're going try and find the source of the petrification. We'll use it to save Tsukasa..." he said. I hum softly and nod my head.

Senku told me how he killed Tsukasa with a cold sleep. It's the only way to save him. His voice cracks when he told me what he did. It makes me feel bad because I should've been there for him. But instead, I have to face a near death condition where I need to be bedridden for weeks.

"Hey! Y/N's here!!" Someone yelled out, snapping me out of my thought. I turn my head to see Taiju. He runs towards me and try to hug me. But before he can have a chance, Senku push him back.

"Don't hug her! You're going to crush her bones!" He said, trying to push him away. I let out a laugh and shake my head. Taiju just let out a whine, as he tries to move pass Senku.

"I promise I'll be gentle when I hug her!! Please! I really miss my cousin!!" He whined. I gently place my hand on Senku's back. Senku turn to look at me while still trying to stop Taiju.

"Let him, Senku. It's fine" I said. He let out a sigh and moves aside. Taiju walks over to me and wraps his arms around me, just like he said... he hugs me gently. I smile and hugs him back.

"I miss you so much, Y/N! Are you okay??" He said. I smile and nod my head. "I'm fine, Taiju..." I said, patting his back softly. Yuzuriha walks over to me and smiles softly.

"It's good to see you're alright, Y/N-Chan" she said. Taiju moves aside, so Yuzuriha can hug me. I smile softly and hugs her back softly. I feel my shoulder getting wet, followed by a soft sniffle. I frown at the sound and pulls away slightly.

"Yuzuriha-Chan... why are you crying?" I said. She pulls away from the hug and wipe her tears, only for more tears to flow. "You almost died, Y/N-Chan... I was so scared. I thought I'm going to lose my best-friend" she said.

I smile softly at her and gently moves her hand from her face. I wipe her tears softly. "I'm fine, Yuzuriha-Chan... don't worry" I said. She just smile at me and wraps her arms around me again. I close my eyes as I hug her back.

"I heard from Chrome about what happened to you" Yuzuriha said. I just let out a sigh and look down at my hands which are on my lap. "I can't move my legs at all..." I said, tears slowly building up my eyes.

"I'm sure it's just temporary. I'm sure you can walk again, Y/N" Ukyo said. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. "Thank you, Ukyo..." I said, in a soft voice.

He smiles at me. I bit my lips and let out a soft sigh. I really hope I can walk again. We have to focus to restoring civilization. I'm just going to slow them down if I can't walk. Why does things like this keeps on happening to me? I really feel like I'm a bad luck magnet. Unfortunate things keeps happening to me.

*to be continued*