Ghost from the past

Start from the beginning

He gave Melissa the key so she is now unlocking the wooden door.
As soon as she opens the door she gasps.
"Oh Seb this is amazing!" She exclaims.
She walks inside and the first thing she sees is a big fire place with a whole stack of wood next to it.

Then there's a large, fluffy rug between the fire place and the massive sofa.
It even has a tv mounted on the wall, but she doubts they will need that.
They have a nice open kitchen and a wooden staircase that takes them up to the bedrooms.

They quickly take off their snow boots before Melissa helps Seb carry the suitcases upstairs.
They take them to the bedroom where they find a queen sized bed with a small fire place in the room as well.
"You know we could even manage with a single bed." Seb jokes.

When they are sleeping they are always cuddled up against each other or spooning, so they don't take up a lot of space in the bed at all.
And the other times either he is on top or she is on top of him, so that doesn't take up much space as well.

"Yeah we could, but maybe we will get fed up with each other and than this bed will be better." Melissa looks at him dead serious.
"Why would we get fed up.... Oh you little..." he can see she starts to grin and realizes she was just joking.

"I'm going to check out the bathroom. Where is that hot tub?"
Melissa walks through a different door and ends up in a large bathroom with a rain shower and a regular bath. No hot tub here. Still this bathroom is amazing and will be a life saver after a day of attempting to ski in the cold.

"The hot tub is outside." Seb tells her when she comes back into the bedroom.
"Outside? But it's freezing."
"I know, but I promise you won't feel that cold once you're in the hot water. It's actually really nice being in the fresh air while sitting in a hot tub." He explains.

"How often have you been in a hot tub in the freezing cold?" Melissa asks with a little hint of jealousy in her voice.
She knows Seb had a long term relationship with Denise and after their break up he hasn't exactly chosen celibacy.

"Not that often to be honest, just a few times. It's nice in the winter. Just getting out and walking back inside is always a bit chilly."
He puts his suitcase on the bed and starts to unpack, he prefers getting his stuff out while he is not away for races. He lives from his suitcase more than enough, he doesn't want to do that whilst on vacation.

Melissa follows his example and pretty soon they have everything sorted and they are ready to meet the ski instructor for the first lesson. Seb is a skilled skier, but he will stick with Melissa. It's a trip for the both of them, so he will not go off on his own.

Melissa feels a bit silly wearing her dark purple ski suit. It's nice and warm of course, but she feels like she looks about twenty pounds heavier.
Seb looks stunning in his white with red suit, his helmet and sunglasses in his hand.

They meet up with Jacob, the instructor and he first shows Melissa how to put her feet in the skies.
She thought she would be utterly useless, but pretty soon she starts to remember what she has to do and she gets the hang of it again.
It may have been about eighteen years since she last skied, but apparently it's like riding a bike. Once you know how to do it, you never fully forget.

Seb may have paid for a two hour lesson, but one hour in and Jacob tells them to take the cable car up the slope to get some practice runs, so they get into the little cabin that takes them up the slope.

"You ready schatz?" Seb asks her and even though she is a bit nervous, she does feel confident she can manage.
"I am, just don't go too fast straight away."
"Of course not. I'm going to stay with you all the way down."
He presses a soft kiss on her nose while they reach the top.