261-270

Chapter 261: Not wanting to disappoint

the family, the family of four only ate and slept on the train. After two days and two nights, they finally arrived in Beijing safely.

After leaving the train station, Xia Qingqing took a deep breath of fresh air and finally came to life.

The smell of the crowds when she got off the train was simply too strong for her nose. It wasn't just other people who smelled bad, she felt like she was about to go rancid.

Zhang Hongyan handed the kettle to her daughter distressedly: "Qingqing, drink some water quickly and take a good bath when you get home."

She knew that Xia Qingqing had always loved being clean. She wanted to take a shower every day in winter, let alone summer. It was really difficult for her not to take a shower for two days.

Xia Qingqing took a bus with her parents and younger brother. After getting off the bus, she walked a long way to the courtyard.

By the time they got home, everyone was sweating profusely. Xia Heping and Zhang Hongyan slumped down on their chairs as soon as they entered the room, not wanting to move.

Although Zhang Hongyan was full of curiosity about the yard her daughter bought, she really didn't have the energy to check it out one by one.

Goudan is indeed an energetic child. After sitting and resting for a few minutes, he immediately became energetic again:

"Sister, is this our new home from now on? It's much bigger than our home in Shihe Brigade. Is this room mine?"

Xia Qingqing pointed to her room and said, "This is my room, and that room is for my parents. Apart from these two rooms, you can choose whatever you want. You can live in whichever room you want. between".

The place where they rest now is the main room of the courtyard. There are two secondary rooms on both sides of the main room. The secondary room on the west side is her room, and the secondary room on the east side is reserved for Zhang Hongyan and the two of them.

"Wow, I'll go take a look first," Goudan cheered and ran out of the main room. It wasn't long before he had his own room. He didn't expect that he could actually choose a room by himself now.

Xia Qingqing looked at her parents who were sitting on the chair and didn't want to move. She turned around and moved a lot of things out of her room, including quilts, towels, toothbrushes, washbasins and buckets...

These were the things she had just taken out from the system warehouse. , before Zhang Hongyan and the others entered her room, they could get out of the way first, otherwise it would be inconvenient to take it out later.

Zhang Hongyan saw the large amount of things her daughter brought out and was frightened by the gesture: "How many things have you prepared? What if we don't come here? You can't use all these old things by yourself."

"Hehe, no, if you don't come over, I'll tie you up." Xia Qingqing acted playfully and successfully got a roll of the eyes from Zhang Hongyan.

Xia Heping tried to smooth things over: "Okay, it's all the child's wish. It's almost time to rest. Let's go back to the room and pack our luggage first."

"Okay, you carry everything in." Zhang Hongyan began to direct the man to work.

After watching Zhang Hongyan and the others go into the room to pack their luggage, Xia Qingqing went out for a walk without anything to do.

The main purpose was to find a place to call Song Ze and tell him that her family had come to Beijing. She had not told Song Ze about this in advance.

It was inconvenient not to have a phone in her hometown. Now that people have arrived in Beijing, if she doesn't say anything, it seems that she doesn't take Song Ze seriously.

After the call was connected, Xia Qingqing briefly explained the matter.

"Uncle Xia and Aunt Xia are here? Why didn't you tell me earlier that I could pick you up?" Song Ze on the other side of the phone was a little annoyed.

Xia Qingqing guessed his little thoughts and said with a smile: "Don't worry, you will have many opportunities to show off in the future."

"Then I'll come over for a visit tomorrow? I just happened to be taking Uncle Xia and Auntie around," Song Ze said very positively. On the one hand, he wanted to see Xia Qingqing, but on the other hand, he really wanted to see Xia Qingqing.

Xia Qingqing thought for a while and agreed: "It's okay to come, but remember not to come too early."

"I know, I can't disturb your sleep," Song Ze said with a hint of smile in his tone.

After chatting with someone casually for a few words, Xia Qingqing hung up the phone. Anyway, we can see each other tomorrow, so we can chat slowly after meeting, and calling will be a waste of phone bills.

Xia Qingqing bought 4 popsicles when she went home. When she entered the yard, she started shouting to the west wing: "Goudan, come out and eat popsicles."

As soon as Goudan moved his luggage into the selected room, he heard his sister calling him to come out to eat popsicles. He didn't care about anything at the moment and rushed out of the room: "Where are you? I want to eat."

Goudan took a bite of the cold popsicle, narrowed his eyes with satisfaction, looked at Xia Qingqing and asked curiously: "Sister, where did you buy the popsicle?".

It's really convenient in the city. You can buy popsicles when you go out. Then he can eat them whenever he wants.

"It's not too far. I'll take you shopping next time," Xia Qingqing said casually.

After everyone had packed up their things, it was almost noon. Xia Qingqing suggested: "Mom and Dad, let's go out for a meal first, then take a shower and have a good rest in the afternoon. I'll take you with me when the sun goes down in the evening." Go out for a walk."

In this hot summer, the whole family hadn't taken a shower for two days. Xia Qingqing couldn't bear to go to bed because she smelled so bad.

"Why go out to eat? Just cook it at home. The rice, noodles and dishes are all ready-made." Zhang Hongyan had just gone to the kitchen to see the pots and pans.

"Mom, let's go out to eat. I want to go out to eat too." Goudan held Zhang Hongyan's arm and shook it. He was tired of the food at home and wanted to go out for a change.

Zhang Hongyan tapped his forehead with her finger and scolded him with a smile: "Eat, eat, eat. You kid knows how to eat well. You don't need to pay for eating out."

She said this, but seeing that both children wanted to go out to eat, Zhang Hongyan didn't raise any objections.

"Hey, Mom, I knew you were the best." Goudan smiled fawningly at Zhang Hongyan.

Before going out, Zhang Hongyan deliberately dried a few buckets of water in the yard. In this weather, the water temperature was just right for bathing at noon, which also saved them from having to boil water after they came back.

The family went to the nearest state-owned restaurant, and Zhang Hongyan asked Xia Qingqing and Goudan to order their favorite dishes.

"Mom, I want to eat soy sauce beef." Goudan's sharp eyes saw the limited supply of soy sauce beef written on the blackboard at a glance.

"Okay, Qingqing, what do you want to eat?" Zhang Hongyan looked at her daughter and asked.

Xia Qingqing ordered spicy chicken, and after thinking about it, he added braised fish cubes.

Zhang Hongyan looked hesitant to speak, but finally said nothing. Although she felt that eating three meat dishes in one meal was a bit luxurious, she didn't want to spoil the fun when it was rare to go out for a meal.

Zhang Hongyan ordered four more bowls of white rice, and after paying the tickets, they found an empty seat and sat down.

It's not the official meal time yet, so there aren't many people coming into the state-owned restaurant to eat. In another twenty minutes or so, it's guaranteed to be overcrowded.