121-130

Chapter 121 Preferring boys over girls, parents' love

Sons are preferred over daughters. Accountant Edin's parents regret it. If he had known it earlier, he would not have bothered to grab this spot. Now he is in a thankless situation.

The quota was given to the second son, and the eldest son and the youngest daughter would definitely blame him.

But he was reluctant to give up the hard-earned spot to his eldest daughter-in-law or younger daughter.

In Accountant Ding's mind, whether she is a daughter-in-law or a daughter, she is still an outsider after all. A daughter-in-law can divorce and leave at any time, and a daughter will get married sooner or later.

Accountant Ding's old face wrinkled up and he sighed helplessly: "Boss, please let me think about this matter again."

Seeing his old father's appearance, Ding Caijun felt uncomfortable. He thought that this would be the best. After all, his brothers were not outsiders. After all, the second brother couldn't really ignore his eldest brother when he became successful in the future.

But before he could open his mouth, Qi Xueer pinched his arm. He subconsciously held back his voice and glanced at his wife with some resentment.

Qi Xueer ignored him, but smiled and said to Accountant Ding: "Dad, please think more about Pengpeng."

Accountant Ding's sharp gaze shot towards Qi Xueer. His wife here was threatening him with her grandson, but the eldest grandson was indeed his heartthrob now.

On the other side, Ding Miao happened to run into Xia Qingqing after running out.

Seeing Ding Miao's sad look, Xia Qingqing raised her eyebrows slightly, and instantly thought of the quota of workers, peasants and soldiers college students that Accountant Ding's family had received. She was afraid that something might have happened.

This matter had nothing to do with her, so she just said hello to Ding Miao and prepared to leave.

Unexpectedly, Ding Miao suddenly stopped her: "Qingqing, can you chat with me?".

Xia Qingqing paused for a moment, then thought about it and agreed to her.

The two slowly walked to the river. Xia Qingqing found a clean stone to sit down, and Ding Miao also found a place not far from her to sit down.

Xia Qingqing raised her chin, looked at the silent Ding Miao and asked, "What do you want to talk to me about?".

Ding Miao lowered her head and said nothing. She suddenly called out to Xia Qingqing because she and Xia Qingqing were both rare girls in the brigade who were favored at home.

She was once proud that her parents were not as patriarchal as other girls' parents, and she felt pity for those girls who were easily beaten and scolded. But was she actually a joke?

Suddenly, Ding Miao said in a hoarse voice: "You know the quota for workers, peasants and soldiers college students? My dad said he would give it to my second brother."

"So, do you also want that spot? But I can't help you, right?" Xia Qingqing's tone was a little confused, and she didn't understand what Ding Miao meant by this.

Ding Miao shook his head slowly, with confusion in his tone: "I don't know whether I care about the quota, or the attitude of my parents. They were obviously better to me before, but why did they not hesitate about the quota this time? I gave it to my second brother...".

Xia Qingqing listened quietly to Ding Miao's words. She seemed to want to try her best to prove her status in the hearts of her parents.

Not to mention the 1970s, this phenomenon still exists even decades later. Most parents say they prefer their daughters, doting on their daughters as children, but buying houses and cars for their sons when they grow up.

In the eyes of parents, a girl will get married sooner or later, even if she doesn't have a car, a house, or a dowry. If a son doesn't have a car, a house, or a dowry, he won't be able to marry a wife. But a girl who can only rely on herself will naturally lose her confidence in her husband's family.

Ding Miao suddenly looked at Xia Qingqing seriously and asked, "If it were you and your parents gave the only spot to your brother, what would you think?"

She felt that only Xia Qingqing could empathize with her about this matter. Zhang Hongyan and Xia Heping were known as doting daughters in the brigade, so if Xia Qingqing and her brother were put together, which one would her parents prefer?

Xia Qingqing smiled nonchalantly: "Well, if it were really me, I would probably have to accept it happily. After all, the quota is given to whomever the parents are willing to give it to."

"All ten fingers are still long or short, and it's hard for parents to ensure that they are not partial. You just said that your parents were better to you than your two brothers when you were a child. At that time, your two brothers would feel unhappy. Will it be uncomfortable?" Reading La

Dingmiao was stunned as she listened to Xia Qingqing's words and seemed to understand something. Just then Wang Chunxiang came over.

She was almost frightened to death when she saw Ding Miao sitting by the river. She held Ding Miao's arm tightly: "Miaomiao, you can't do anything stupid. Mom will find a way and let you go to college." .

"Mom, I'm fine. I'm chatting with Qingqing." Ding Miao's arm that was held by her felt a slight pain, but a happy smile appeared on her face and she pointed at Xia Qingqing, who was sitting not far away.

Only then did Wang Chunxiang see that there were people here. She had been too impatient just now. When she saw her daughter appearing by the river, she thought she was going to do something stupid and didn't pay attention to whether there was anyone next to her.

"Miaomiao, please go home with your mother first. I'll tell your father that this spot must be given to you." Wang Chunxiang's face was full of determination.

The second son can live well in any man's life, but if the younger daughter can go to college, she won't have to depend on a man all her life and live her life depending on his appearance.

Ding Miao smiled and refused. When she saw Wang Chunxiang's anxious look, she knew that she really cared about her. She didn't want her mother to fall out with her father because of the quota issue.

"Qingqing, thank you for understanding me. I'm going back with my mother first, and I'll come and play with you next time." Ding Miao supported Wang Chunxiang and waved to Xia Qingqing.

When they walked some distance away, they could still hear Wang Chunxiang asking Ding Miao if she really didn't want the quota, and would definitely help her if she wanted it.

Xia Qingqing smiled. Ding Miao was very lucky. Regardless of whether Accountant Ding was patriarchal or not, Accountant Ding's wife must really love Ding Miao.

After that day, Ding Miao agreed that she and Xia Qingqing had become good friends. She came to play with Xia Qingqing from time to time. She also discovered that Xia Qingqing and Liang Shuang were studying together, and quickly joined their study circle.

——Accountant

Ding still has some courage in him, which can be seen from the fact that he is willing to spend a lot of money to win the quota of worker, peasant and soldier college students.

Ding Miao expressed her attitude after returning home that day, and she sincerely learned the Tao from Ding Cai.

This made Ding Caixue have a better sense of this sister. Wang Chunxiang reminded him that he should be good to his sister in the future, and he promised that he would never treat his only sister badly in the future.

Without Ding Miao's participation, Qi Xueer began to fight on the front line, directly threatening to divorce her son and force Accountant Ding to give her the quota.

Accountant Ding looked at his eldest son who was watching coldly and was extremely disappointed with him. Not only did he not compromise, but he directly said that he would send the eldest son out if there was any trouble.

This made Ding Caijun become honest instantly and no longer dared to make trouble with his wife.

But this incident also made Accountant Ding see clearly that his eldest son was unreliable, and he began to reconsider the pension issue for himself and his wife.