CXXII. Catching Up

[A/N] - A small fill-in summary of what took place across Westeros during the main events of this book. In other words, what happened while Visenya, Tywin and the Lions were dealing with their issues.

I suggest giving it a quick read since it's short and I have made some major changes, to benefit my story better and give justice to some characters that the show ruined.

You can move to the next chapter, where the Long Night arc finally begins. (It will be around 20-something chapters, so there will be lots of story to cover)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NORTH:

— Yggrite is alive (she survived the arrow wound) and joined Jon, along with the rest of the Free Folk.

— John United the Free Folk. He eventually made a peace treaty with the black watch (pretty much the full story of him being stabbed and coming back thanks to Melisandre, as it was shown in the show). Stannis escaped wounded and was eventually killed by Brienne.

— John returned to take back Winterfell from the Boltons.

— Battle of the Bastards happened and Sansa saved him with backup, men from the Vale 'loyal to Petyr Baelish'.

— John is the New King of the North, chosen by the Northern Lords

— The Hound survived his wounds thanks to Thoros and his men. He learnt of the death of his brother and joined The Brotherhood without Banners. Eventually, they all bent the knee for John as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VALE:

— Lyssa Arryn is dead and Littlefinger rules at her place as her husband.

— Sansa is still with him and is set to marry young Robbin when the boy comes of age

— They follow John and unite officially with the North.

— Brienne found Sansa and pledged her Loyalty to her, taking an oath to protect her as she promised to her mother one year ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DORNE:

— Myrcella gave birth to twins (one boy and one girl), around the same time Daenerys arrived at Dragonstone.

— They were informed of the conflicts between the Kingdoms and only sent provisions to King's Landing but not men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE REACH:

— Cercei gave birth to a boy. It is Jaime's but everyone thinks it's Loras'

— Loras doesn't care or question, he lets it be.

— Willas starts to spend more time with Cersei, keeping her company and she slowly learns to enjoy his presence; since Loras' is almost always absent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEEREEN:

— Daenerys has left Daario behind with some of her men and the Second Sons to keep peace across the cities of Slavers Bay while she reclaims the Iron Throne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BRAAVOS:

— Arya had spent her time training to become a Faceless Assassin

— Finally, she chooses to return to Westeros to take down the Freys for what they did to her family and also start taking down the people on her list; starting with the Freys