XXXIV. 16 Years into the Future

Small age and time changes, make the story more enjoyable. Instead of starting at 297 AC, we will start at 298 AC to better fix the ages and while some will follow the OG birth dates in the books, others will be aged just a tad more like in the show.

Most events of GOT take place within a year but for the sake of also ageing up some characters, I will most likely spread the story throughout 3 years to make it more realistic and give it better character development.

Note, I will follow mostly book details and add parts of the show. There will be times I will go off the OG script to fit my story better and after one point, the story will be mostly AU for a better ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the ages at which the characters start after the time skip. It all started 15 years after Robert ascended to the throne:

Lannisters:

Trystan - 17 years old    | Jaime & Cersei - 33 years old  |  Tyrion - 26 years old 
Joffrey - 15 years old  | Myrcella - 13 years old   |  Tommen - 12 years old

Starks:

Robb & Jon - 16 years old |  Sansa – 13 years old  | Arya - 11 years old
Brandon - 10 years old |  Rickon - 6 years old

Targaryens: 

Visenya - 48 years old |  Viserys - 21 years old |  Daenerys - 15 years old

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been 16 years since the Targaryen line stopped sitting on the Iron Throne, as now the usurper Robert Baratheon had taken such honours. Throughout his reign, a lot of things took place some for better and some for worse.

One of the most earth-shocking events took place in 289 AC when the Greyjoys of the Iron Islands rebelled against the crown. They went as far as to attack Lannisport, burning a large amount of the fleet and making a forever enemy from the Lion and Dragoness that ruled from Casterly Rock.

In the end, the rebels were crushed by a combination of forces; Stannis Baratheon and his fleet from the sea, and Robert and Ned's forces from the land. That attack had left a mark on the Lannister history but the cunning Visenya used it as a stepping stone to upgrade their fleet and multiply it in numbers.

If she had her connections with the Alchemist Guilt, she knew she would have found a way to add wildfire as a weapon on them but after Robert ascended the throne; the Dragoness had spent her resources and her spy network elsewhere...for now.

The latest Heir of Casterly Rock, Trystan Lannister, was quickly growing and becoming a man of both high intellect but also cunningness. When he became of the proper age, Tywin brought to Visenya the idea of sending their son to become a squire of Jaime in King's Landing; giving chance for the boy to ride his way through knighthood and start to get a real glimpse of how the Kingdom was ruled.

Of course, the Dragoness refused at first for she did not want to let her only son close to the man who killed her nephew; in fear, Robert would try to take revenge on her through Trystan. However, after much discussion, small arguments and two days of them not talking to one another; she realised her husband was right.

And so, the young heir was sent to be the squire of his older half-brother but always keeping in mind everything his parents had taught him. Thankfully for him, Jaime adored him and made sure to keep him close; teaching him everything he knew himself.

Cersei did not truly have the same fondness of her younger brother but she was pleased to have more of her family around. The boy was young and she could easily get her hands around him, keeping him in her nets or so she thought...for the young Lioness often forgot the Dragon heritage inside him and the genes of his parents that were slowly forming under the false image of an obedient and innocent boy.